Media & Communications Assistant – Internship
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development - REFORM
Established by a group of young social activists in 2012, REFORM is an independent, secular, non-partisan Palestinian NGO that strives for a society where everyone has the capacity to participate effectively, individual and collective rights are respected, and pluralism is ensured in an independent Palestinian state. REFORM adopts a strategy of sustainably empowering marginalized groups, including youth and women from hard-to-reach communities in particular, through establishing safe acting platforms, encouraging community-led development processes and shaping a more inclusive governing system that is responsive to people's needs.
Main tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist the Communications Department in the following tasks:
- Explore funding opportunities and update contact database.
- Follow up with partners through phone calls and emails.
- Update social media and the website on a daily basis.
- Assist in the design of publications (brochures, annual reports, booklets, etc.)
- Assist in the translation of news articles, invitations and other published materials from Arabic to English and vise versa.
- Assist in translation (written) of any requested communications documents.
** Added Value: Ability to assist in developing proposals and concept notes as well as knowledge in web design.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English
- Advanced use of social media sites including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Ability to provide quality translations from Arabic to English, without losing content.
- Experience using PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher.
- Command of written and spoken Arabic is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, translation, media or a related field is an asset.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected] no later than 4:00 PM on 15.11.2018.
Please indicate the position title as “Media and Communications Assistant Intern" in the email subject line.
CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.