The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Delegation in Israel and the Occupied Territories (IL/OT), is recruiting a talented, energetic, and engaged candidate for the following position:
Media and Communication Officer
Place of Employment : RAMALLAH
Contract duration : 1 Year contract, renewable (including 3 months’ probational Period)
Occupation rate : 100%
Job Grade : B3
Starting Date : As soon as possible
Under the supervision of the Head of Sub-Delegation, s/he is the media spokesperson for the West Bank Sub-Delegation and leads efforts to strengthen visibility and awareness of operational priorities of the ICRC in the Sub-delegation. S/he coordinates the work of the communication team in the West Bank Sub-delegation and supports the efforts of the Sub-delegation to improve its access, acceptance, and engagement with key stakeholders.
The Media and Communication Officer is responsible for media monitoring and reputation analysis for the IL/OT Delegation.
Desired profile and technical skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Arabic and Hebrew.
- Excellent public communication and negotiation skills (oral and written) and strong editing skills. Good understanding of media environment and news gathering process.
- Substantial experience of writing articles, press releases, briefs, feature stories, etc. Track record of publications is an asset.
- Proficient and enthusiastic about social media, and a user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven experience in information analysis. Ability to translate complex issues into simple and concise language is a distinct advantage.
- High degree of initiative and organization as well as strong priority-setting skills. Proven capacity to work in a stressful environment and follow tight deadlines.
- Willingness to extensively travel in the West-Bank, and ability to travel within Israel.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & Professional Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field (public relations, journalism, communications or political science). Masters degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in public relations, communications or journalism. Experience in a humanitarian organization is an advantage.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the West Bank including strong interest in humanitarian / human rights issues. Experience of engaging youth in the West Bank an advantage.
- Proven experience in audio-visual content generation (photography and video) an asset.
- Experience of leading a small team an asset.
- Valid driving license for manual car
Interested applicants must submit an introduction letter and a resume in English, no later than 11 November 2023 to [email protected] indicating in the subject line: Media and Communication Officer_Application_ Your name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted