The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Wastewater Management Sustainability (WMS) Project contributes indirectly to the twin objectives of eradicating extreme poverty and sharing prosperity by improving the quality of life of about 400,000 residents in northern Gaza through the provision of wastewater treatment services, including the protection of communities against the risk of floods from uncontrolled wastewater reservoirs, and by creating economic opportunities for productive use of treated effluent, has been designed to finance efficient Operation and Maintenance (O&M) for the North Gaza Wastewater Management Facilities (NGWMF) for four years and build conditions for sustainable wastewater treatment services. The proposed WMS project will provide technical and financial resources to prevent the collapse of the NGWMF and continue the operation of the facilities at design capacity, while building a long-term technical, institutional and financial capacity to operate and maintain wastewater services. It will finance efficient O&M for four years (excluding electricity), and required rehabilitation of equipment and civil works at the NGWMF to guarantee performance at design capacity. The Project is financed by the World Bank Group, with total amount of 13.7 M USD, funds the Project.
- Component 1: Support the continued operation of the NGWMF (US$7.1 million
- Component 2: Rehabilitation and upgrade of the NGWMF to improve efficiency build resiliency and address emergencies (US$3.4 million).
- Component 3: Capacity building for sustainability of wastewater services (US$2.2 million).
- Component 4: Project management and implementation support (US$1.0 million).
- Component 5: Contingency Emergency Response Component (US$0.0 million
Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment associated with the WWTP and TPS, works under the Plant Manager and in close coordination Electrical /Automation & instrument Engineer and reports directly to Plant Manager.
Responsibilities & Main Functional Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the operation of all mechanical equipment.
- Works closely with the Electrical Engineer and Process Engineer on all aspects of the treatment plant and TPS.
- Performs routine maintenance, repairs and overhauls including but not limited to various pumps, compressors, blowers, engines, Heat exchangers, valves, piping, HVAC equipment as required all in accordance with the Operation and Maintenance Manuals including all functional testing.
- Diagnose component and system problems.
- Perform as the lead mechanical engineer in the removal of components using proper rigging equipment and in the reinstallation of the component.
- Ensure component/system operates properly and that all safety rules are followed.
- Perform corrective maintenance and non-routine troubleshooting of structural, mechanical and electrical features together with the electrical engineer to include but not limited to bearings, mechanical seals, bushing replacement, shaft inspections for wear and recognition of out-or-alignment and imbalance conditions.
- Performs preventative maintenance such as inspections, adjustment alignment, cleaning, lubrication and application of protective coatings on mechanical, electrical and structural features.
- Performs a variety of pipe fitting repairs and installations. Install new machinery as defined by the Plant Manager.
- Maintain and diagnose faults on pneumatic, plumbing, hydraulic, HVAC and basic electrical systems together with electrical engineer.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all pumping stations.
- Suggests operational decisions and assists with maintenance decisions based on review of directives, laboratory data and log book entries from previous shifts.
- Prepares and fills out Operation and Maintenance Cards for each individual equipment, evaluate and record them for the mechanical equipment as appropriate.
- Maintain and control of tools and equipment inventory and assures cleanliness of all wastewater facilities during the assigned shift.
- Checks, evaluates and keeps records of all Operation and Maintenance Cards for each individual item of mechanical equipment.
- Recognition of operational defaults.
- Operation of the plant and equipment in accordance with operations manuals.
- Identification of operations faults and making adjustments to process.
- Dealing with system emergencies.
- Oversees the upkeep of the Site Accident Book
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering.
- Five years of relevant general experience with at least three years in O&M of sea water desalination plan, large scale of sewage pumping stations, Wastewater treatment plant.
- Good knowledge of dealing with electrical appliances.
- Good command of English speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of dealing with computers and proficiency in MS Office programs at an intermediate level.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis.