Th MEAL/Research officer will work directly with the MEAL Manager and relevant technical advisors in project design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting within Country Office (CO). The post holder will be assigned a specific grant portfolio and will be responsible to coordinating with the Programme Managers and Technical Advisors in their proposal and report development. S/he is responsible for providing support and contributing in: the development and execution of annual MEAL plans; development and/or adaption of MEAL tools; training of staff, communities and partners in key MEAL concepts and skills; documentation and dissemination of key learnings from MEAL and research results in support of the project objectives and outcomes; and ensuring that the West Bank (WB) and Gaza projects are accountable to beneficiaries and other stakeholders in line with Save the Children and donor policies and practices. She/he will work closely with the MEAL staff in WB and Gaza field offices.
The MEAL/Researcher will be responsible for leading on the project’s data collection efforts including the development of data collection and monitoring framework and tools. He will train and supervise the data collectors, project officers and work in close collaboration with field based staff from partners and other relevant stakeholders to collect information. He/she will lead the development of the Terms of References for Researches, impact studies, baseline and evaluation studies as well as to follow up on the roll-out of SCI Evidence and Learning Agenda.
The position requires a high level of professionalism, judgement and a capacity to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholder in a very sensitive context.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the post holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1- Set Up of MEAL systems:
• Contribute and maintain a quality M&E and Accountability and Learning systems.
• Provide ongoing technical assistance to programmes to ensure that these systems are optimally utilized.
• Contribute to the set-up of a MIS (Management Information System) including project specific database development.
Key Area 2: Ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation
• Lead the implementation of MEAL plans including working with project teams and partners to support tools and data to the plans.
• Work with project staff and partners to ensure timely collection of data and preparation of accurate and clear reports.
• Lead internal and external programme/project evaluations as necessary and ensure the execution of baseline, periodic, and final evaluations as necessary in close coordination with projects staff and MEAL Manager.
• Conduct field visits to support the implementation of the Quality Benchmarks in the field.
Key Area 3: Accountability and Learning:
• Contribute to the establishment and activation of complaints mechanism, and manage the feedback and response process.
• In close coordination with the MEAL Manager; lead the integration of accountability system within CO overall functions.
• Support the implementation of the CO Evidence and Learning Agenda.
Key Area 4: Researches and studies:
• Develop and maintain a data collection and monitoring framework and tools.
• Create a toolkit of data collection methodologies including data from lessons learned from ongoing projects.
• Lead the process of collection of quantitative and qualitative data on a regular basis through (i.e. interviews, Focus Groups Discussions (FGDs), participatory action research methods, etc.)
• Conduct comparative analyses to determine commonalities as well as differential development outcomes with an emphasis on human rights concerns. Special barriers that women and children face in accessing social services and realizing their rights will be identified.
• Conduct regular field visits and develop further research in line with the project’s needs.
• Lead the Term of References (ToRs) development and follow up with the external consultants on the studies and assessments.
• Lead and conduct internal researches and studies when needed.
• Draw lessons learnt from the studies and assessment to inform the design of the new proposals and projects.
Key Area 5: Country office Annual Reporting:
• Lead the drafting of projects MEAL plans.
• In close coordination with the MEAL Manager and MEAL staff in field offices; lead the reporting of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Support the MEAL Manager in all reporting requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Bachelor degree in social science or equivalent field.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation design and implementation in within humanitarian or development sector.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in working with research studies, baselines, evaluations, assessments, etc.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in data collection, analysis applications (STAT, SPSS, EXCEL, Access).
• Combination of research and M&E expertise would be an asset.
• High level ability in quantitative as well as qualitative research methods.
• Proven experience in reporting and documentation in development sector.
• Significant experience in designing and maintenance of management information systems and tools.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel, SPSS, ACCESS and similar statistical packages.
• High level of understanding and ability to critically review research/evaluation reports by independent consultants.
• Excellent in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent oral and communications skills both in English and Arabic.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good team player and strong interpersonal skills.
• A flexible and initiative-taking, proactive attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
• Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Willingness to travel to the field and work in challenging environment from time to time.
• Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة