Service provider title: Meal & Reporting Consultant
Application deadline: Saturday, May 22nd, 2021 before 16:00 PM
Duty Station: Ramallah
Type of Contract: Special Service Provider
Languages Required: Arabic, English
Contract period: 7 months until the end of 2021, with the possibility to extend each year.
Expected duration of assignment: During 2021, we expect that the minimum number of days required to complete the deliverables is 42 days.
In the upcoming years, the minimum number of working days required to complete the deliverables is 32 days.
Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized hard- to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of young and women, and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
Role overview: The MEAL & Reporting consultant will be expected to lead on the MEAL system implementation, including: monitoring, accountability initiatives, support evaluations, compile lessons learnt, annual planning and reporting cycle in close coordination with the Operations and Communications departments.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Collect, manage, analyse data to generate reports that enable staff and senior management to make informed decisions to continuously improve program quality and impact.
- Provide high quality advice and support to the senior management team and program staff.
- Enhance the performance, quality, and accountability of REFORM’s work to relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and manage internal and external project baselines, evaluations (internal and external) and reviews to meet donor and organizational requirements.
- Support evidence-based design and planning of new projects and interventions in highly participatory approach; ensuring learning from past and ongoing programs.
- Lead the development of TORs for research, needs’ assessment, reviews and evaluations.
- Conduct regular field visits to project locations, at least on quarterly basis; conduct meetings with rights holders, stakeholders and involved groups and reporting back on successes, learnings and challenges in a form of lessons learned paper each six months.
- Ensure employing the latest MEAL practices for collecting program results at the impact level and ensure these are communicated for feedback and validation.
- Lead on the design of logical framework, MEAL plan for new projects/programmes and setting quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Lead and facilitate projects’ needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process including drafting of needed ToRs in collaboration with staff.
- Lead and facilitate impact assessments after end of projects where needed.
- Ensure projects are implemented in timely and effective manner in accordance with plans and proposal.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
- Provide data as required for independent project evaluations and ensure findings from the evaluations are incorporated into project activities and policies as appropriate.
Deliverables should include, but not only, the following:
- A clear impact report on the strategic period for the past 3 years. Must be delivered maximum by September, building and developing performance indicators for the 2022-2024 strategic plan. (number of working days expected 10 days minimum)
- A clear impact report on REFORM’s current project(s), which must be ready maximum by the end of the year. (number of working days expected 20 days minimum)
- Effectively participate in the strategic planning process, in cooperation with the strategic planning expert. Coach REFORM’s Operations team to effectively implement MEAL in their projects. Document impact cases and success stories from different projects. (number of working days expected 12 days minimum)
- Prepare M&E reports according to plans. These should capture quantitative as well as qualitative data (using for example the “stories of change” approach).
- Collect data from project staff and prepare relevant project narrative reports in English reporting on results frame, effectively analyzing, synthesizing and documenting outcomes and learning.
- Ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to donors, local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Support the communications department in sharing and disseminating successes, lessons learnt and best practices both internally and externally.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress.
- Represent at periodic meetings with stakeholders to report on planned activities and actions, including implementation status. This includes preparing presentations when necessary.
Data collection tools, may include but not only, the following:
- Questioner/ online questioners.
- Focus group discussions.
- One-on-one interviews
- Support the development and submission of funding applications and proposals to identified donors and partners. In particular, provide input to narrative and financial planning, including the development of appropriate (SMART) indicators and MEAL activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, statistics, development studies, or any relevant field. A Master’s Degree in any field of data processing is a plus.
- At least 7 years proven experience in former MEAL positions and in undertaking MEAL activities on youth and women empowerment projects.
- Experience in undertaking/supervising evaluations, reviews and needs’ assessment in previous posts.
- Sound knowledge of results based management.
- Good understanding of latest development trends in Palestine.
- Ability to use a variety of approaches and methodologies, in particular participatory ones.
- Self-motivated, open to learning new methods and approaches, positive attitudes towards working with different groups.
- Experience using a variety of monitoring tools, including office applications.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Strong statistical or statistical analysis capabilities
Qualified candidates should send the following to the email addresses: [email protected]:
An updated CV, please name the file (FullName_CV), including three professional references and a copy of any related experience certificates in English.
A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position in English. Please name the file (FullName_CL).
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to submit a financial offer in sealed envelops.
- Please indicate the position title as "Meal & Reporting Consultant" in the email subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not follow the instructions will not be considered.
REFORM is an equal opportunity employer