Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office two
For a period of 12 months renewable
The Candidate is responsible for:
Objective 1. Oversee and/or participate in field visits and data collection needs as per the MEAL Minimum standards and the information needs of the mission
- Plan with the Head of Unit and other MEAL team the needed field visits on a weekly basis
- Make the necessary arrangements before the field visits: study the area (secondary sources analysis, follow-up access with facilitation letters, arrange meetings and discussions with key informants/partners, etc.)
- Follow up proactively with program, technical and logistic teams to ensure MEAL movement plan is submitted and approved on weekly basis.
- Coordinate with Heads of Project to plan field visits based on project workplan, MEAL Plan, taking into consideration donors’ requirements and context changes
- Provide monitoring reports and suggest corrective measurements as needed based on the field visits and data collected.
Objective 2. Ensure effective Monitoring, planning and follow-up of MEAL systems and ensure findings are timely shared with Technical and Program Department following system in place for utilization to improve quality of interventions and learn
- Perform monitoring of activities in the locations where project activities are implemented as per MEAL plan and ad-hoc requests of Program Department
- Design Tools and perform post-completion monitoring/evaluation in the locations where project activities are implemented as per MEAL plan, to measure impact of AAH intervention in the West Bank.
- Provide reports on monitoring activities monitored / evaluated, systematically documenting best practices, grey areas, conclusions, and recommendations
- Feed MEAL Management staff with successes observed and challenges, lessons learnt and recommendations on best practices
- Work with MEAL staff to ensure documentation through different mediums (pictures, stories, leaflets, posters etc.) following system in place.
- Review and clean data reported by field monitors before further sharing with AAH Senior Officers and Head of MEAL.
- Maintain regular contact with beneficiaries, community leaders, municipality representatives and other (I)NGOs to monitor the context and the needs, and expand the MEAL Key Informant Database
- Assist in identifying areas prone to exploratory assessments through context monitoring
- Conduct interviews at different levels in person or remotely (telephone call), on paper or mobile
- Analyse information gathered, write a report, develop visualisation if relevant, and propose recommendations.
Objective 3. Follow-up MEAL plans assigned accordingly
- Present the MEAL content and data during the kick-off meeting
- Conduct a routine meeting with the project team to receive updates on the implementation status and ensure the MEAL activities are on track and necessary information is generated; share the information with the rest of the department.
- Actively participate in creating a full M&E system per contract; the MEAL system should include yet not be limited to: Theory of Change, Results Framework, MEAL Plan, Indicator Performance Tracking Table.
- Act as a focal point for the assigned specific contracts, informing MEAL colleagues about updates to ensure the needed MEAL activities take place (field visit, data collection, etc.) and the info is delivered (reports, surveys, etc.) as per the grant timeline
- Keep track of activity implementation and the progress against indicators
Objective 4. Ensure accountability and cross-cutting themes are guiding your everyday work
- Pro-actively assist AAH Accountability Officer as needed when it comes to the Feedback and Complaints Mechanism (FCM)
- Contribute to the efforts of communication with communities and specific stakeholders as per the Feedback Mechanisms mapping plan
- To ensure cross-cutting themes of protection, gender and conflict sensitivity are mainstreamed into MEAL plans, daily activities and ensure appropriately reported observations
- Use the Data Protection Protocol to guide your data collection efforts and use the consent form as far as possible
- Use AAH charter of principles - neutrality, independence, transparency, non-discrimination, free and direct access to the victim, professionalism to guide your activities and everyday behaviour
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
University degree (BA in Social Fields or any related field)
At least two years of related previous professional experience
Experience with Humanitarian organizations is an asset.
Knowledge of principles, tools and practices of monitoring and evaluation programs.
Previous field experience in assessments, data gathering, interviews, information triangulation/verification, and report writing.
Demonstrated experience in data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and reporting skills.
Strong communication skills to interact with both vulnerable populations and key stakeholders.
Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
Strong analytical skills.
Good in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted up to and including 26/04/2022