MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
Job title: Meal Officer
Job Location: Gaza Strip
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
The objective of this position is to
- To define and implement the MEAL line of work under the BMZ project.
- To maintain a strong coordination with MdM Chapters focal points.
- To support in the identification and development of new project proposal.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The position will be based in Gaza City, with possible visits to West bank.
The Meal Officer will work under the direct supervisom of the Field Manager in Gaza / the Consortium coordinator.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT OF A MEAL SYSTEM AND TOOLS FOR BMZ PROJECT CONSORTIUM
- Assessment of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the existing MEAL Plan and tools.
- Designing a new MEAL Plan for BMZ project from the initial plan drafted, in close collaboration with the MDM Spain MEAL Focal point and following the partners capacities and the resources provided on the project framework, as well as the country context and the donor monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Act as the responsible for the implementation of the common tools, databases, and methods for the quantitative and qualitative monitoring of project activities in the BMZ project framework between the consortium partners.
- To follow up on the MEAL system and adapt it if necessary to changes in activities, context, donor monitoring and evaluation standards etc., ensuring a secure case management and care systems for the beneficiaries.
- To act as the MEAL coordinator to the consortium partners MEAL Focal points for BMZ project MEAL issues, under the MDM Spain MEAL Focal point and in close collaboration with the Project consortium manager.
- To support to the project field teams and implementing partners in the management of case management tools and project reporting tools.
- Monitoring, processing, and supporting the analysis of project data and public health data, in coordination with the MEAL focal points of the consortium partners and the implementing partners.
- Supervision of technical reporting, in particular drafting of technical project reports and analysis of indicators (weekly monitoring of the Monitool, drafting of internal reports, progress, and final reports according to donor requests).
- General supervision of budget expenditure according with the initial timeframe and in close collaboration with the Project Consortium Coordinator.
- To conduct open communications with the donor BMZ project monitoring and evaluation team if necessary.
- Capitalization of lessons learned regarding the different methods, tools, initiatives, surveys and results and objectives achievement of the project.
- Supervision of project surveys, especially regarding the data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Support for the development of programme visibility tools to capitalize on lessons learned.
CAPACITY BUILDING FOR CONSORTIUM AND PARTNER STAFF ON MONITORING AND MONITORING-EVALUATION
- Capacity assessment of the consortium staff and its local, institutional, and civil society partners.
- Development of a capacity building plan on MEAL.
- Organization of group training and individual work sessions to enable the appropriation of methods, tools, and theoretical frameworks on MEAL.
- Supervision of the field teams with the MEAL focal points of each chapter, to accompany the collection, processing, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Support to the Project Consortium Manager in the appropriation of the donor reporting templates for the different projects and in the use of internal activity monitoring tools (Monitool).
- Adaptation of the Activity Info software for the monitoring and evaluation of the various projects brought to Palestine, in collaboration with the MdM MEAL Manager (HQ).
- Active participation in the "Meal Community of Practice" under the responsibility of the MdM MEAL Manager (HQ) and alongside the MEAL managers of the various MdM delegations (delegations).
This job description can be modified with prior notice and agreement between the two parties on demand of the direct supervisor other tasks might be added to the present list. The employee shall respect MdM-S regulations and is expected to be available anytime to respond to an emergency and be flexible beyond normal working hours if requested.
- To respect MdM-S ethics and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To avoid any kind of violent behaviors and aggressiveness at the workplace.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- To maintain confidentiality on all documents and issues.
- Show a positive attitude and motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- Respect and contribute to the achievement of MdM-S schedules.
- To contribute to the cleanness and tidiness of the workplace.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct to the focal point.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum 3-year degree in statistics, public health, social sciences, or humanitarian/development project management
- Experience in an international organization or NGO in the field of international development or humanitarian action.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, conducting surveys and managing databases.
- Experience working with MHPSS and gender-based violence would be an asset.
- Good analytical skills and rigor.
- Intercultural communication.
- Organizational capacity.
- Ability to conduct training and to transmit knowledge and know-how.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Good knowledge of project management cycle.
Fluency in English required, Native Arabic.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION
Incorporation date: Subject to funding.
Duration of the contract: 12 months including 3 months' probation period, with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 73,500 ILS to 84,143 ILS gross / year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] before October 31, 2022
Please indicate in the email subject the job title: MEAL Officer
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.