JOB POSTING – MEAL Officer
CLOSING DATE: September 20th, 2021
ORGANIZATION: Right To Play – Palestine
WORK LOCATION: Ramallah, Palestine
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 16 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The “Enhancing Quality and Inclusive Education” project aims to improve holistic learning outcomes of boys and girls, including children with disabilities in primary schools across the West Bank and Gaza, by increasing teacher’s knowledge and pedagogical skills that will enhance the reading skills of children through play-based learning. And by increasing children’s participation in supplemental reading activities, using play-based learning to motivate and ignite an interest in reading.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MELO) reports directly to the Program Manager (PM). The incumbent receives technical advice and supervision from the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager/Specialist/Director at HQ, , where applicable The MELO collaborates with staff, not only at the country office level, but also within the broader region and across the organization, globally. The primary roles and responsibilities of the MELO are to (a) manage and implement Right To Play’s country-level monitoring, evaluation and Learning plan, within the RTP global Monitoring and Evaluation (ME) framework and specific to country strategies, needs and contexts; (b) coordinate and implement the monitoring of program activities, participants, and outcomes and support the development of program reports; (c) support program planning at the country level by conducting appropriate assessments and through the provision of technical assistance; (d) support program evaluations; and, (e) help the country office utilize the findings in their planning and decision-making. The MELO leads the ME system across the country and plays an active part in the global Right To Play Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) community by contributing to the organization’s understanding of its program approaches and outcomes.
Job Responsibility #1: Data collection related to program progress and program outcomes
(35% of Time):
- Coordinates and implements regular monitoring of program outcomes by leading outcome studies at least once a year.
- Utilizes the global monitoring system to track program outputs such as number of trainings conducted and number of program participants.
- Coordinates the required preparations for all ME activities by identifying and preparing participants for samples, testing and translating data collection tools and liaising with schools/communities to secure time/space.
- Implements qualitative (focus groups, interviews, child observations) and quantitative (surveys) tools to collect data with children, youth, leaders, parents, partners and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates access to, and retrieval of, secondary data such as school records, community-level health statistics.
- Identifies innovations and improvements to enhance effectiveness of the global MEL framework and systems.
Job Responsibility #2: Data storage, analysis and reporting (20% of Time):
- Oversees data entry and transcribing processes both for primary and secondary data.
- Conducts data audits and checks data to ensure accuracy in data collection and entry.
- Conducts rudimentary analysis on quantitative and qualitative data such as descriptive analyses and identifying themes and sub-themes.
- Ensures data storage is in line with RTP standards such as confidentiality.
- Develops and submits output, outcome, and evaluation reports to the Country Manager and the Regional MELO.
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring, evaluation and learning plan for RTP country’s programs
- Assesses RTP’s global indicators and ME tools for relevance and appropriateness within country’s context and proposes revisions as required.
- Identifies gaps between global indicators/data collection tools and country’s program outcomes and proposes ways to address gaps.
- Develops MEL frameworks for new programs to include indicators, targets, data collection methods and schedules, and analysis plans and regularly reviews MEL frameworks for existing programs to ensure relevancy and effectiveness.
- Supports the planning for mid-term and final evaluations.
Job Responsibility #4: Capacity building for MEL through trainings and systems development
(10% of Time):
- Assesses country-level capacity for successful implementation of MEL work including staff skills and knowledge, data entry and data storage systems and develop strategies for increasing capacity.
- Trains data collection enumerators such as Field Facilitators and partner staff on data collection tools and processes.
- Provides workshops as needed on MEL for country staff, partners and stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #5: Supporting and facilitating country planning processes (10% of Time):
- Supports Country Office and Regional Office in developing logic frameworks for new programs and reviewing logic frameworks for existing programs including the identification of appropriate outcomes and SMART indicators.
- In collaboration with other staff in the Country Office and the Regional Office, identifies program and decision-making implications of ME findings.
- Develops summary materials and delivers presentations on ME findings to staff, partners, beneficiaries, and/or other stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #6: Supporting the development and strengthening of RTP’s global ME framework
(5% of Time):
- Participates in RTP’s global MEL initiatives including ME portal, ME workshops and trainings and consultations.
- Shares ME best practices, lessons learned and other insights with RTP MEL colleagues.
- Maintains regular communications with the Regional MELO.
- Supports other global ME initiatives as required and as agreed to by the Country Manager.
Performs other duties as assigned (5% of Time)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development or related discipline.
- Training in Monitoring and Evaluation such as university courses, workshops, certificates.
- 3 years of practical experience developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks (developing logic frameworks, outcomes, indicators, targets and data collection plans).
- 1 year of practical experience working with social programs.
- 3 years leading and conducting data collection, both qualitative (focus groups, interviews, observations) and quantitative (surveys, statistics review).
- Experience conducting rudimentary analysis for quantitative data (descriptive analysis) and qualitative data (identifying key themes and sub-themes).
- Experience managing data sets (coordinating data entry, ensuring data quality, managing data confidential storage).
- Advanced interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically and to identify trends.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work appropriately with a variety of populations and stakeholders, including children, youth, parents, teachers and school administrators, government, and other partners.
- Proven written communication and presentation skills, presenting evaluation findings through a variety of mediums— data visuals (graphs), reports and presentations
- A background in program evaluation methodologies
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research approaches and best practices, and of child-friendly data collection methods
- Knowledge of SMART indicators
- A strong working knowledge of issues related to development and humanitarian programming (sport for development, health, education, community development, refugee and internally displaced populations, gender equity, inclusion and advocacy)
- Substantial knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes for NGO programs
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Internet
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to work appropriately with a variety of populations and stakeholders, including children, youth, parents, teachers and school administrators, government, and other partners
- Experience designing and leading evaluation or research studies
- Experience conducting data collection with children
- Expertise and experience in training and capacity building (e.g., developing and delivering workshops, mentoring and supporting colleagues, etc.)
- Expertise and experience in designing data collection tools both qualitative and quantitative
- Experience identifying program implications and recommendations from
Employment Start Date: Nov 2021
Contract Duration: Determined
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
المسمى الوظيفي MEAL Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Sep - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف العلوم الإنسانية
If you are interested in applying for this position, If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply by submitting your documents HERE
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for video interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Right To Play
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
22, Dec, 2021