Position Title: MEAL Officer
Position Type: Regular Employment – Part time (20%)
Location: Palestinian fund for Employment and Social Protection – Gaza Office
Duration: Nine months
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to support economic development by activating and motivating labor market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating permanent employment opportunities. The Fund was adopted as reference and national umbrella for the entire employment operation by the Council of Ministers’ decisions issued in 2014 and 2016 in this regard.
PFESP is seeking an experienced MEAL Officer for the project of “Enhancing Local Food Security for Most Vulnerable Households Affected by COVID-19 across Gaza strip” which implemented by PFESP Gaza and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as part of the Strengthening the Resilience of Gaza’s Population Project in order to monitor and report on all the project activities in support of PFESP’s management and M&E Officer. Thorough and service-oriented approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices in MEAL and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support compliance with PFESP and donor MEAL requirements
- Developing MEAL system, including designing a framework for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and Learning of the project activities and defining methodologies for collecting data that will be used for monitoring the effective implementation.
- Supports the development of MEAL tools, and supervises quality data collection
- Supports the use of Information, Communication and Technology for Development to advance MEAL objectives.
- Ensures effective data management systems are in place and maintained
- Leads quantitative and qualitative data analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data
- Contributes initial findings and field-based insights to project discussions
- Fosters respectful relationships with community members and stakeholders
- Promotes honesty and integrity in work of Field Coordinators
- Develops and implements activities according to MEAL plan
- Ensure accountability to targeted beneficiaries, supporting the use of Feedback and Response Mechanism
- Supports the capacity development of PFESP and partner staff in MEAL competencies by providing coaching, accompaniment, and training
- Supports project evaluations and reviews as required
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in project management or related fields.
- At least 10 years’ proven experience relevant to job responsibilities. Experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong conceptual knowledge about results frameworks and logic models.
- Experience with designing and facilitating MEAL meeting and events, such as data analysis and
- Experience in MEAL capacity strengthening, including facilitating training.
- Experience in database development/management.
- Confident user of MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI), knowledge and use of other statistical packages is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- Initiative, self-reliant and cooperative.
- Excellent time, organizational management skills and motivation.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
- Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than July 14th , 2020 to the following email: [email protected]
- Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.