Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader in partnership with Catholic Relief Services CRS, starts to implement Envision Gaza 2020 Project (USAID-funded project) which aims to support Palestinian families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises, including COVID-19. by (1) providing basic humanitarian assistance to extremely vulnerable households in the form of food and non-food items, and (2) connecting unemployed participants with on-the-job training opportunities with host employers. This includes 3-month unskilled or low-skilled workers placements and/or 4-month internships or apprenticeships for skilled university or vocational graduates, respectively.
Bayader is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position:
Position Title: MEAL Monitor (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Manager
Period: 4 Months
- Working closely with CRS MEAL Team, standards, policies, practices and indicators.
- Provide training to concerned program staff on the use of MEAL tools; conduct rapid assessments and trend analysis of field-based programs to monitor program activity.
- In collaboration with CRS MEAL Team and project officers will manage and administer all program’s related baseline survey starting from data collection, compiling of data and write reports accordingly.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations.
- Collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and organize data received for reporting to the Project Manager and CRS MEAL Team.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment and data validation, and provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Develop capacity of project staff on the program M&E framework, data management, and data analysis and results‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles and reporting systems.
- Ensure that vulnerable community members are actively participating in all Project and MEAL activities.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly monitoring, progress review and learning events.
- Make sure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data and maintain effective database.
- Participate in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Together with the Project Manager and coordinators, undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms, ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations to support monitoring and evaluation processes and develop and implement accountability processes.
- Perform any other tasks required by the Program Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- University degree required in international development, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, or related field or another related field.
- At least two years’ experience of working in M&E with experience of developing M&E plans, training staff, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting and/or other aspects of M&E in both emergency and development contexts and humanitarian and development programs.
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software.
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of donor expectations and trends for M&E.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms.
- Highly developed communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- High level of English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application HERE
Deadline for submitting applications Wednesday 05/01/2022 no later than 15:00 PM.
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, and references will be reviewed.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.