United Palestinian Appeal (UPA) www.upaconnect.org is seeking an experienced Monitoring and
Evaluation Manager, in the Middle East. The Manager is primarily responsible for establishing
and overseeing a functional MEAL system for all UPA programs and projects. H/She will play an
important role in improving information management, data quality, and data analysis, and will
strengthen knowledge sharing and learning across the organization. H/She will assume
responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of UPA’s programs, working with staff
and/or consultants on developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design and execute
1. Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for existing and new UPA
programs and projects, as needed.
2. Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project objectives and
ensure inclusion of M&E activities
3. Lead data analysis and develop databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate
the effectiveness of programs and projects.
4. Oversee and conduct statistical analysis to build evidence-based programming and
inform decision making.
5. Work and train field operations’ teams to track program/project indicators and make
necessary adjustments, as needed.
6. Prepare high quality reports for internal and external purposes on a timely manner.
7. Capture and document lessons learned, and champion the scaling up of best practices
with field operations’ team.
8. Provide technical guidance and support to project and partner organizations in
developing M&E systems and activities, and provide training as needed.
9. Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes by
providing feedback on and/or developing monitoring and evaluation plans and results
10. Drive project assessments, baseline/endline surveys, and other analytic or evaluations
processes for active programs/projects.
11. Lead the development of the risk assessments at the country, program, and project
12. Lead internal project evaluation efforts, and follow up with contractors on external
evaluations, ensuring quality and timely evaluations, that inform future projects and
13.Support recruitment and training of new M&E staff in the field offices, and consultants
(i.e., evaluations), as needed.
14. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in business administration, statistics, or
international development, preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience, working with
humanitarian and development organization.
3. Knowledge and training in Monitoring, Evaluation, and learning.
4. Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed
method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
5. Fluency in English and Arabic; excellent written and oral communication skills, including
facilitation and cross-cultural communication.
6. Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
7. Willingness and ability to travel independently in the Middle East Region, up to 15%.
8. Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint), and preferably SPSS or similar statistical software.
9. Knowledge of Facebook analytics is a plus.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with MEAL Manager
position in the subject line. The deadline for applications is May 22, 2022, at 11:59pm, ET.