The Opportunity – MEAL Assistant (2 posts)
Contract Duration: The best candidate shall be appointed in the 12-month position with possibility to extend, while the second best candidate will be appointed in the 3-month position.
Contract t ype: National
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and evaluation of programs:
- Providing accurate qualitative and quantitative data collected in the field according to external and internal deadlines.
- Conduct monitoring and follow up visits to partner organizations and locations of activities’ implementation.
- Conduct field-monitoring visits to assess implementation of quality benchmarks as per project MEAL plans.
- Conduct and support partners in implementation of focus groups discussions and data collection for reporting on project indicators.
- Support data collection for the purpose of internal studies, assessments, evaluations and any other data collection requirements.
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations, for instance writing Terms of Reference(s) (TORs), preparing literature review packs, recruiting evaluators, planning evaluator itineraries, planning staff workshops, leading report review. Participate in evaluations where required.
- Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform programme management.
- Undertake visits to the field throughout the project, as needed to support data collection or verify data quality; this includes the Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Guideline.
- Support data entry and reporting efforts if needed, and contribute to the overall implementation of assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support data analysis and quality checking needs that may arise.
- Support the implementation of activities of project MEAL plans in collaboration with the programme teams.
- Contribute to the documentation of programme events such as meetings, event and workshops.
Accountability and response mechanism CRM
- Support Gaza Senior MEAL Officer in implementing accountability assessments in the targeted communities according to Save the Children (SCI) accountability benchmarks and other international standards.
- Conduct and facilitate sensitization and information sharing sessions within target communities on existing accountability mechanisms and means of contacting SCI.
- Support Gaza Senior MEAL Officer in conducting consultation sessions with adults and children to develop effective and child friendly accountability mechanisms for target communities.
- Receive, log and document all issues, suggestions, feedback and complaints delivered to SCI through hotline, complaint boxes or any other feedback mechanism established by SCI.
- Manage databases of information sharing and lead innovation of new mechanisms, tools and channels to improve participation of communities and their ability to provide feedback and raise concerns.
- Lead the mechanism of communication between the programme team, toll-free operators and beneficiaries.
- Provide ideas and recommendations to strengthen accountability mechanisms and ensure that feedback received is used to inform program design and implementation.
- Refer all received feedback and inquiries to relevant program teams for their action and make sure all issues are addressed/resolved.
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached.
- Lead on a record on the accountability database any incidents and follow it up with the relevant staff members.
- Liaise with WB FO MEAL Assistant to have a completed and updated Accountability database.
Support to MEAL unit functions
- Participate in team workshops, lessons learned and reflections seminars.
- Contribute and participate within Gaza staff and MEAL unit meetings including accurate reporting of successes and challenges.
- Support in the development of MEAL systems (including Indicator Performance Tracking Tables) and their roll out to field staff and partners.
- Support the development of digitalized MEAL tools for programs and quality reporting using Kobo toolbox for example.
- Support the MEAL unit to achieve its goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of the organisation to achieve its stated outputs.
- Support on the roll-out of the Digitalized MEAL system and perform data entry tasks for the Gaza projects on the system.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in business administration, information technology, statistics, social sciences, engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in MEAL related work.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in using computer programmes to collect data such as KOBO Toolbox and the ability to document and share assessment and monitoring results.
- Previous experience in planning, collecting, entering, analysing and managing data.
- Valid driving licence.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to the field and work in challenging environments from time to time.
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Save the Children works in development and hu manitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة