Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit www.caritasjr.org.
Caritas Jerusalem is committed to ensuring that all individuals we encounter through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CIMS). We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and always adhere to Caritas Jerusalem Code of Conduct Policies and values. Team members are required to sign the Code of Conduct upon hire and be trained on the Safeguarding Policy.
For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Meal and Communication Officer
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Zababdeh – Jenin Governorate
Starting date: ASAP
The program titled “ Social Cohesion and greater resilience of rural communities in Jenin governorate”, located in Jenin Governorate in Palestine aims at enhancing the resilience and wellbeing of rural communities with a focus on youth and women. The approach is based on a “triple nexus” linking 3 complementary areas: social cohesion, rural economy, and disaster risk reduction. It proposes to foster local dynamics for improved economic development and social cohesion. Local communities with their specific heritage and own resources are indeed the main actors of change and the first responders in emergencies. First, Caritas Jerusalem will set up and accompany 4 Local Action Groups (LAGs), providing a dialogue framework for all local stakeholders including the most vulnerable. The LAGs’ members will exchange on common issues, but also formulate and defend their rights and explore concrete solutions. They will be offered grants for joint good projects and advocacy support to increase citizens’ quality of life and their capacities to mobilize for change. Second, the objective is to expand and diversify rural communities’ incomes and ensure their sustainability. Farmers’ organizations and CSOs will be supported with organizational and investment support. The employability of youngsters will be strengthened by providing vocational training, internship opportunities, and access to hubs for entrepreneurship and innovation. Third, Palestine is the scene of a chronic humanitarian crisis. The security and mobility of its inhabitants are being threatened and their land is at the risk of confiscation. Communities will have better resources to analyze, mitigate and recover from crises. The LAGs will update and coordinate municipal contingency plans while farmers’ organizations will receive equipment for improved emergency preparedness. Eventually, learning will be ensured by a horizontal dialogue between the LAGs and through action research on agroecology to demonstrate its relevance for food security and emergency preparedness, and peer exchanges.
The Meal and Communication Officer will manage information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication in the project’s activities and results. He/she will guide the staff and partners in all aspects related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the MEAL framework for the project, to ensure a strong evidence base that meets the standards of the Contracting Agency, donors, and partners.
- Ensure the quality and delivery of MEAL activities across the program, and provide technical guidance, tools, and capacity support along with relevant training for staff and partners.
- Act as focal point and source of expertise and energy for monitoring, evaluation, and learning across the program.
- Ensure that specified MEAL activities (e.g., data collection, reporting, baseline, mid-term, and end-line studies) are accurately planned and cost (in terms of money, human effort, and equipment) and that budgets are managed effectively.
- Ensure that value for money monitoring is embedded within the core and devolved MEAL systems and processes so that results can be tracked to resources.
- Set up and management of a MEAL system with a strong emphasis on the collection of disaggregated results for target beneficiary groups (e.g., through Kobo Toolbox).
- Ensure continuous data collection in coordination with the program staff to the indicator framework that is understood and streamlined across the project including a range of robust M&E and evidence gathering systems and tools that fit the program.
- Ensure regular analysis and progress reporting to the program implementation staff to inform on project progress and risks related to the delivery of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Ensure development of impact and results in narratives for regular reporting cycles.
- Lead capacity-building initiatives for staff and implementing partners (e.g., on the use of digital data collection); embed formal and informal processes of learning and reflection, and ensure the MEAL system is hard-wired into all areas of the program.
- Ensure project partners, donors, and wider stakeholders benefit from lessons learned, and coordinate their interventions.
- Initiate to collect of case stories, and communication materials from the ongoing program and support the team in the implementation of the communication plan.
- In coordination with supervisor, prepare promotional material on the program, including pamphlets, videos, etc.
- In coordination with the communication department, regularly update the program blog and social media platforms.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Senior Projects Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, communication, development studies, or a related field.
- Excellent written and oral Arabic and English communication skills. French is an asset
- At least two years of experience in setting up and implementing MEAL systems for programs including participatory approaches and the ability to facilitate capacity building and training at different levels for MEAL and Non-MEAL staff.
- At least one year of experience in communication.
- Experience to coordinate and cooperate with implementing partners regarding MEAL issues.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize, and commitment to meet deadlines
- Experience with statistical packages and familiarity with IT applications and software to support MEAL and information management
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Ability to oversee the complete MEAL needs and databases
- Skill to facilitate and organize a team into a learning team
- Willingness and preparedness to regularly travel to West Bank.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Candidates must have a valid driving license.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, July 17th, 2022, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.