Tomorrow’s Youth Organization (TYO) is an innovative organization that provides holistic, multi-generational programs to transform the lives of Palestinians. TYO’s Education Program helps children and youth build the cognitive, and socioemotional skills that empower them to thrive in local and global knowledge societies. Our education program serves children ages 2-14 and prioritizes the acquisition of skills that serve participants throughout their lives, such as creativity, teamwork, and problem solving.
We are seeking teachers to join our dedicated, passionate, and caring team of educators. Our supportive classroom environment helps children feel at home and fosters their love of learning. The teacher will organize math classes for Palestinian children from marginalized communities and refugee camps in Nablus. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building a warm and inclusive classroom environment that is trauma-informed and strengths-based.
- Crafting creative lessons to support the socioemotional and language growth of each student with student-centered activities and methods that cover all key math concepts..
- Teaching math to children across ages and on occasion, leading trainings for staff and local community members at our Nablus center.
- Fostering positive relationships with families to support student learning and wellbeing inside and outside of the classroom.
- Supporting the outreach and recruitment of education program participants.
- Coordinating and supporting the professional development of youth volunteers who will be assisting with your classes.
- Managing the classroom by providing behavioral and emotional support for students and seeking assistance from TYO’s psychologists and social workers as needed.
- Maintaining a record of student student attendance progress and supporting with monitoring and evaluation and reporting as needed.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the Education Program and TYO through collaborative meetings and staff projects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Experience and passion for working with at-risk children with an ability to motivate, mentor, and uplift through trusting relationships
- Creativity and positive energy for making a difference in the lives of children and the community
- Ability to craft innovative, interactive, and student-centered lesson plans
- Ability to math effectively to students of all age groups and levels. Ability to explain math topics that may be difficult to children in clear and engaging ways.
- 2+ years of previous teaching experience in traditional or nontraditional settings
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and the initiative to apply them as needed without extensive direction
- Flexible team player and strong communicator
- Eagerness to share interests beyond teaching including extracurricular activities such as arts, supports, drama, camping, etc.
- Commitment to TYO’s non-political, non-religious approach
- Willing to relocate/work in Nablus, Palestine
- Fluency in Arabic and strong command of English
- Expertise in
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects (Math, Engineering, and/or other STEM fields) or education-related fields.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below