The proposed project is part of a coordinated international effort to address chronic poor water quality in Gaza and the significant increase in domestic demand expected in the medium term, which is projected to reach around 145 MCM a year by 2030. PWA, in partnership with the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and the World Bank, formulated the Gaza Central Desalination Program (GCDP). The GCDP covers all Gaza and comprises two main components: (i) construction of a desalination plant with initial capacity to produce 55 MCM a year of desalinated water that can be doubled in the future; and (ii) construction of a north-south water carrier, including storage reservoirs to convey and properly blend the desalinated water with groundwater sources to achieve water supply meeting WHO guidelines for potable water. The latter component is referred to as “Associated Works.”
The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the PWA has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for supporting the Project implementation and management capacity of the implementing institution (PWA).
The PWA is considering the recruitment of a qualified Material Access coordination officer who will contribute to the successful implementation of the project on all project aspects.
- Component 1: Improved Supply of Bulk Water to the southern and middle governorates of Gaza
- Sub-Component 1.1: Southern Main Carrier System
- Sub-Component 1.2: Additional Water Supply Network Improvement Works for Middle and Khan Younis Governorates
- Sub-Component 1.3: Reconfiguration of the water distribution system in the Southern Gaza Governorates
- Sub-Component 1.4: Reconfiguration of water distribution system in Middle Gaza Governorate
- Component 2: Capacity Building and Performance Improvement of Selected Institutions
- Sub-component 2.1: Establishment of a unit to operate bulk water supply in Gaza
- Sub-component 2.2: Design of a National Service Provider Improvement Program
- Sub-component 2.3: Priority investment planning for bulk water supply in the West Bank
- Component 3: Project Management and Implementation Support
- Support PWA Project Management Support Unit in coordinating, facilitating and monitoring the material, goods and personnel entry and use to complete construction.
- The Material entry Access Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and PMU Director, he/she Will facilitate the entry of materials into Gaza in coordination with focal persons from UNOPS/Civil Affairs/Or the Crossing Authority;
- Implement the approved procurement plans of the project (including the establishment of milestones) within the tolerances established by the PMU director and project manager and promptly report any deviations from the plan.
- Submitting Coordination Requests for Electrical and communication and Chemical materials as per the relevant system Requirements.
- Submitting Truck Coordination Requests for the approved materials and equipment;
- Tracking agreed materials in close collaboration with contractors and suppliers from source until they reach border crossing points; as well as identifying supply chain bottlenecks requiring intervention and proposing solutions.
- Tracking coordinated materials and equipment from crossings until it reaches construction sites / warehouses of the project or designated facilities of the water supply system in Gaza;
- Inspection of materials delivered to construction sites / warehouses of the project or designated facilities of the water supply system, and preparation of a protocols for the acceptance of materials.
- Prepare progress reports, at each entry, and submit to the relevant persons or authority.
- Submission of monitoring and evaluation reports on the performance of service providers in relation to the use of materials.
- Coordination with international organizations responsible for monitoring incoming materials during implementation
- Coordination with Presidential Committee for the Coordination of Goods to Facilitate the Entry of Materials
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Project Management, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the field of engineering, advance expertise in project management, procurement & logistics with at least 2 years’ experience in the field of materials coordination and entry;
- Having an experience in the coordination mechanism system; familiar with creating new project, transaction between vendor and etc...
- Familiarity with the Coordination and entry process for the materials and equipment needed for the international project;
- Familiarity with tender documents specification of materials, Data sheets, construction material, electromechanical equipment's plant and tools needed for water and wastewater projects.
- Excellent command in English language, both spoken and written. And having a good communications skill;
- Ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports, studies and other documents.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Program (word, excel, Power Point and MS Project).
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis.