Chemonics International seeks a Marketing and Trade/ E-Commerce Specialist for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Marketing and Trade/E-Commerce Specialist will coordinate the proejct's export market studies, and develops data-driven marketing plans, to increase access to regional and international markets. They will develop strategies to integrate firms into the digital economy, including e-commerce.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Lead the collection of information and analysis of internal constraints and market opportunities in the e-commerce sphere;
- Advise partners on conducting market research and developing e-commerce strategies to support business growth aims;
- Identify untapped opportunities for e-marketing of Palestinian goods in in the local and international marketplaces;
- Support the development of targeted marketing strategies for firm partners, as well as sector and broader strategies that can support larger groups of project stakeholders;
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with relevant stakeholders including local associations, producers and particularly with local and international buyers;
- Assist with locating and recommending relevant short-term consultants; develop Scopes of Work, monitor and facilitate their work while in-country;
- When possible, assist the technical team to incorporate gender considerations into relevant program activities;
- Collaborate with the project Subaward Management Team to draft grant solicitations and follow-up training, liaising with, and effectively monitoring all grantees of market-related grants, including the quantifiable and qualifiable results, compliance, and progress of grants and grantees;
- Contribute to quarterly and annual reports; draft concept notes, various memos for internal and external consumption, as requested by the project’s Chief of Party;
- Other duties as directed.
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in business, international trade, marketing, trade logistics, SME development, e-commerce or related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience assisting businesses to access regional and international markets through digital and e-commerce
- Prior experience working directly for or consulting with private sector business, with focus on exports preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with West Bank and Gaza’s operating environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally diverse staff
- Fluency in Arabic and English required
To apply, please complete the form online through Apply Now-button below
by October 26, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.