Market Systems Development (MSD) Coordinator (GAZA)
SIDA Supporting MSMEs Competitiveness and Growth Programme in Palestine
Location: Gaza Strip
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking Market Systems Development (MSD) Coordinator for the SIDA Supporting MSMEs Competitiveness and Growth Programme in Palestine based in the Gaza Strip. This four-year, 75 million SEK project will use a market systems development lens to better understand the critical constraints that exist to sustainable income change for large numbers of micro, small and medium enterprise owners and ensure a sustainable approach for addressing these constraints. The programme will contribute to job creation especially for women and youth and increase Palestine’s economic independence.
The Market System Coordinator will support the SIDA Supporting MSMEs Competitiveness and Growth Programme team’s work to address market system failures in targeted economic sectors. The role of the Market System Coordinator will be to support conduct sound market systems analysis, and design, deliver, and manage interventions which lead to system change and value chain upgrading while maintaining Pro-Poor approach throughout all interventions.
The MSD Coordinator will work closely with the MSD Programme Lead and the programme team in Gaza, partners as well as support staff to ensure that all programme activities are implemented in accordance with the plan. In addition, he/she will work closely with the Gaza MSD Programme Lead to ensure meeting programme targets and deliverables on-time and within budget, develop required documents, fast track processes and contribute to selection of the right type of private sector partners and other service providers for the programme. This position will also take part in supporting MSMEs by facilitating lasting market system changes.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the Gaza MSD Programme Lead, team, and partners to conduct economic appraisal of sectors and select sectors with high potential.
- Assist in conducting in-depth analysis of market systems and value chains.
- Interact with private companies, public sector, and other stakeholders to develop thorough understanding of how focal markets work.
- Contribute to the identification of failures and constraints within market systems, and help design effective intervention strategies to mitigate such failures through improved business models, improved institution, and enhanced sector coordination.
- Promote functional collaboration with other stakeholders, projects and development partners to strengthen the selected market systems.
- Assist in generating innovative ideas to support MSMEs increase their competitiveness and growth.
- Assist in conducting technical and financial assessments, developing business development plans, and coordinate grant delivery to successful applicants.
- Assist in providing technical assistance to market actors including but not limited to Matching Grants & Impact Funds, Capacity Building, Co-finance, Financial Services, Experiments & Trade Fairs.
- Assist in writing and timely submission of key strategic documents, such as the annual plans, budgets, reports, and other ad-hoc strategy documents.
- Work closely with the knowledge management unit to prepare and maintain monitoring and results measurement for interventions, including collection of data.
- Work closely with the advocacy, communications and gender specialists to prepare success stories and case studies.
- Assist in the preparation of regular project reports and results.
- Other tasks assigned by the Gaza MSD Programme Lead.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to economics, business administration or any related field with at least 4 years of experience in project implementation to enhance the competitiveness and growth of MSMEs. Experience in implementing facilitative market systems development programs is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in business planning with sound understanding of financial heath and ratios.
- Sound understanding of economic development and how sectors/economies function.
- Strong analytical and ability to think critically and quickly, and apply a spirit of inquiry to work.
- Ability to understand and structure business incentives.
- Prior private sector experience, through working with companies, consulting, or economic development is strongly preferred.
- Ability to articulate business concepts convincingly, and coordinate work with multiple stakeholders from both private and public sector
- Ability to work well in a team
- Results oriented mindset and interested in learning new market development concepts quickly.
- Experience and/or sound technical knowledge in monitoring development projects and activities, including experience in designing qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with civil society organizations, private sector actors, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and thoroughness in developing deliverables.
- Strong commitment to achieving development results.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic languages. Must be able to use both languages fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday December 08, 2022, indicating the position title in the subject of the email.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.