CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Market Linkage Specialist is under the Livelihood Program Manager and in close cooperation with all the team, responsible for achieving the marketing aspects of the Livelihood Program, s/he works as the following:-
- Follow up implementation of market research for promoting and marketing the project’s crops and dairy production;
- Assist in developing market research term of reference to explore market efficacies for promoting safe agriculture products;
- Ensure that effective market channels are well addressed for potential linkage with project’s beneficiaries (farmers);
- Capitalize on available and potential market opportunities to promote marketing of labeled safe crops and dairy products;
- Work closely with SIF partner and project’s beneficiaries and other stakeholders to organize the operation of marketing activities from the farm to consumer;
- Assist to deliver training to farmers on how to establish, improve market linkage, and identify technically and financially viable market options;
- Develop linkage between farmers (producers) and wholesalers and retailers to sustain marketing of farmers’ safe agriculture production;
- Implement consumer campaigns and ensure well organization and exhibition of all safe produces;
- Support the M & E team in collecting and consolidating data and relevant information related to the marketing activities;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in marketing, agriculture economics, business administration, or any related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing and promotional activities;
- Experience in marketing of agriculture products specifically safe agriculture products is preferred;
- Experience in delivery of market training is highly preferred;
- Very well organized and capable to manage his/her own time with minimum supervision;
- Good reporting skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail).
Humble and flexible, initiative and self- starter, critical thinking, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach, and strong humanitarian motivation.
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 06 months
- Starting Date: 01/08/2018
Market linkage Specialist: (Ref #: 2018/09/MLS)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 11th July 2018 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer