Position Title: Market Development Specialist
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Programs Director
Duration: one year with a possibility of extension
MA’AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian non-profit organization, established in Jerusalem in January 1989. Relying on a human rights-based approach, community partnerships, and active participation, MA’AN works to enhance the resilience, empowerment, and realization of the rights of those most in need, the poor and marginalized groups and individuals, as well as unleash their latent capacities to enhance their active participation in sustainable development and their abilities to respond to and recover from crises.
Working under the Programs Director’s supervision at our office in Gaza, MA’AN Development Center is seeking to hire a competent Market Development Specialist. This position will be involved in the planning, design, and implementation of market-driven economic empowerment programs in consideration of MA’AN’s Market System Development Strategy 2020-2025. In particular, the Market Development Specialist will be responsible for:
- Leading the value chain strategic/tactical planning.
- Supervising the development and implementation of upgrading plans in targeted value chains with a focus on enhancing the engagement of small-scale producers in profitable and sustainable value chains.
- Providing technical leadership for the design, formalization, and management of private-sector partnerships including identifying, assessing, and recommending potential private-sector partners and partnership opportunities.
- Facilitating effective coordination and collaboration with local and international actors working on local markets’ development.
- Supporting MA’AN’s program team in the development and implementation of a market-driven economic empowerment program.
- Providing technical inputs into quarterly and annual reports.
- Supporting the review and updating of MA’AN’s market development strategy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum five years of experience managing or advising private sector, value chain, or business development projects using the value chain or market solutions approach.
- Experience working with the CSOs sector.
- Experience conducting value chain assessments and determining appropriate interventions to enhance market growth.
- Experience in developing programs aimed at upgrading local markets through enhanced private-sector engagement.
- Experience in developing partnerships with the private sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Education: At a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Save as / Download the employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of the applicant and the position.
- Fill in the required information in the following link: https://forms.gle/j45yYHW7pCBU24sUA
- Attach the employment application to the previous link.
- Applications will not be considered if the employment application is not attached in the previous link.
- Applications will only be accepted until Monday 09 October 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all position.