Palestine Prosperity Investment & Development Corp. - IZDEHAR is a US$ 100 million investment company based in Hebron City, focused on development-oriented investment opportunities in Palestine. It was founded by a group of development driven investors in early 2019 to strengthen the Palestinian economy by originating and developing complex projects in partnership with private sector investors, Public Sector, DFIs, IFIs and donors.
At IZDEHAR we take special pride in our people who specialize in executing investments, business development, portfolio management and financial engineering. We operate a team of highly professional experts covering the whole range of investment spectrum.
Purpose of the role:
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible on optimizing machinery output, and minimizing plant downtime through effective preventive maintenance and efficient breakdown response, whilst maintaining a safe environment and promoting good engineering practices in an animal feed factory.
IZDEHAR is seeking to hire four Maintenance and Operation Engineers as part of its Animal Feed Project, the position duties include but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assist in building an up-to-date Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) system and ensuring planned maintenance is carried out professionally and promptly.
- Ensure the Engineering maintenance carried out in line with the planned schedule and effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
- Quick and effective response to breakdowns, where possible identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
- Communicate ad-hoc breakdowns and planned maintenance schedule to the operation department to minimize plant disruption.
- Reporting and tracking lost time, cause of breakdowns, record parts used/required
- Follow good engineering standards and good hygiene practice for the department.
- Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety and environmental guidelines reporting any issues.
- Assist in Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations, Risk Assessments and fall out work associated.
- Ensure compliance through regular process weigher and Liquid meter calibrations (weights and measures Act)
- Proficient in engineering operations whilst working in hazardous environments (Confined Space Entry, Hot working in confined spaces)
- Proficient in site operation work procedures.
- Participate in Mechanical installations – Elevators, conveyors, machine installs, machine refurbishment.
- Participate in Electrical installations – Panel manufacture and installation, Programable Logic Controller (PLC) upgrades, Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), thermographic surveying.
- Efficient operations of effluent plant systems ensuring environmental compliance.
- Understand the operations of fire suppression systems – Fire Trace, Sprinkler system, Hydrant system.
- Follow the communicated escalation route for unscheduled plant downtime and minimize downtime by following a good engineering practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of environmental impacts – Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR), Dust controls and Explosion mitigation.
- Maintain spares stock request forms/emails.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BSc of Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-3 years of mechanical engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, industrial engineering experience, in food industrial plant.
- Full understanding of mechanical processes and assemblies including Electrical or welding/fabrication experience
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility with a positive attitude and the ability to work well within a team
- Basic computer skills for typing handovers, ordering spares etc. (Microsoft Excel, Word, emails)
- PLC experience desirable
- Air and pneumatics trained desirable.
All applications will receive a fair consideration by IZDEHAR’s HR Team. Izdehar operates an equal opportunity scheme to all applicants and encourages everyone that meets the above requirements to apply for this post. Please note that only shortlisted will be contacted, therefore, we thank you all in advance for taking the time and the effort to apply.
Please send a cover letter (Describing why you’re the best person for this job) and resume to [email protected] Please put Either Maintenance Engineer or Operation Engineer in the subject line.