MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report directly to National Programme Development Director (NPDD).
Position summary and main aims:
S/He takes a leading role in the development of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and their implementation, puts in place quality management measures, and supports in the implementation of monitoring and evaluations for working with SOS children SOS families and families of origin. S/He also carries out training on project cycle management (PCM) including programme planning using the logical framework approach, and undertakes programme audits as required. S/He will also be responsible for guiding and supporting programme development and capacity building of key staff, co-workers in SOS village, and sub-contractors both in WB and GS. S/He will manage PDB2 (Programme Database) for case management.
Location: Bethlehem-West Bank with frequent visits to Gaza
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Direct Supervisor: National Programme Development Director (NPDD)
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Close-tracking and monitoring the development of programmes and functions in WB and GS, through coordinating and reviewing progress reports and statistics, working closely with the respective office (NPDD, directors, coordinators, and advisors).
- The development of required systems (M&E tools and procedures, quality management systems), and organise lessons-learned workshops.
- Identification of key indicators, key performance questions and parameters for monitoring program/projects performance and evaluation. Also designing the templates and format of these progress reports.
- Ensuring that appropriate targets, objectives and actions are set and implemented throughout the program or projects functions.
- Development and implementation a plan of action for programme-related capacity building for M&E and any computer-based support that may be required;
- Carrying out a capacity building of relevant staff in their respective M&E areas, and conduct quality circles in order to identify possible areas for improvement.
- Reporting on M&E findings, as required, working closely with operations function staff, programme coordinators and national association counterparts.
- Together with Regional M&E Coordinators/Officers, promote the exchange of knowledge and good practice between staff, e.g., through peer-to-peer exchange, quality circles, networking, seminars, etc.
- Assist in the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related projects within the programme function.
- Support the design of new project and activities, particularly related to the setting of goals, objectives, targets, anticipated results and monitoring and evaluation plan
- Support/guide the development of projects/programs monitoring and evaluation plans, and quarterly, annual, and closing out reports.
- Ensure that sub-contractors/partners understand monitoring and evaluation concepts, and meeting other M&E needs and reporting requirements.
- Support social workers/case managers/coordinators/program managers/psychologist in the application of credible measures/indicators that assess alternative care and family strengthening programs progress toward achieving the strategy goals and objectives.
- Provide hands-on in guiding and supporting SOS program managers, village coordinators and social workers in the development of high-quality and timely reporting and recording templates, and monitoring and evaluation reports as needed.
- Oversee SOS villages in WB/GS data collection, documentation, and reporting on individual and aggregate levels, to ensure quality, timeliness, accuracy, and completeness.
- Supporting the implementation of quality management measures for the programmes (programme interventions) through SOS CV co-workers.
- Lead/contribute to trainings and events monitoring and evaluation, ensuring compliance with SOS documentation and reporting procedures
- Manage PDB2 (Programme Database) for case management, ProDIGI for programme and project management, and the Programme Compass App for combined Power Business Intelligence reporting.
- Conduct continuous review and analysis of SOS Care Promise indicators through the PDB2 COMPASS platform, to ensure quality and credibility.
- Assist SOS staff and build their capacity in the production and analysis of analytical reports and preparation of presentations to various types of purposes and audiences
- Build the capacity building in quality management, reporting, recording, and monitoring and evaluation of key national office staff including program coordinators, social workers, and advisors.
- Serve as a resource person and provide support to technical teams on mission evaluation implementation and management and data management.
- Support carrying out operational research, surveys, and assessments as needed.
- Keep senior management abreast of the progress, identifies and anticipates implementation problems and provide proper solutions and recommendations making best uses of available program resources.
- Under the NPDD directions support/assist in quality management, strategic planning implementation, and day-to-day troubleshooting as needed.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or a related field, or equivalent, with 5-6 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation required
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field, or equivalent preferred; with Master's degree, 1-3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with social development, child development, family strengthening, or other donor-funded projects
- Experience in data collection and data processing using database management systems, preferably Access, Excel, Stata, SPSS, Power BI, or other data analysis and visualization tools.
- Experience in development of assessment tools (e.g., surveys, questionnaire, Focus Groups)
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal;
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness and ability to frequently travel to Gaza Strip and West Bank.
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to plan and organize events, trainings, and activities
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in difficult work environment
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Monday, May 23rd of 2022.
Indicating in the subject line: M&E Specialist Position
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.