Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized hard- to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of young and women, and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
The main tasks of this employee will be to thoroughly read and understand project proposals, closely follow action plans and support projects’ team in meeting milestones, monitor projects’ indicators and update/amend results frameworks as needed. This employee will conduct internal monitoring and evaluation and work with projects’ staff to prepare narrative project reports. S/he shall be fluent in both written and spoken English, as they will work closely with both staff and external stakeholders, including donors, to update them on the progress of the projects.
Functional Tasks may include but not limited to:
- Closely follow the implementation of all projects and conduct monitoring and evaluation, including conducting reflection sessions, focus groups, preparing surveys, etc.
- Contribute to data collection and lead its analysis in order to recommend improvements or corrective actions to projects’ implementation and produce outcome focused results.
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results.
- Follow up on results frameworks and projects’ indicators, ensuring stories of success are documented.
- Train staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Support the Head of Operations in creating and monitoring action plans for all projects.
- Ensure high quality data.
- Participate in donor meetings to update them on projects’ achievements and constraints.
- Collect progress narrative reports and finalize them (in English), in accordance with project proposals.
Reporting and follow up requirements:
The M & E employee will work in Ramallah and is required to implement and prepare the following:
- Regularly monthly reports to the Advocacy and Communication Officer.
- Archive all needed documents and send it to the Advocacy and Communication Officer.
- Contribute to the association’s quarterly report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Advanced University degree in Management, Economics, Management Information System, Social Development, Development, Performance Management, strategic planning statistics or other relevant field, or a Bachelor’s degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least three years of professional experience in a similar position within NGOs with an Advanced degree.
- At least six years of professional experience in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Successful experience in proposal writing is a plus.
- Must have excellent command of written and spoken Arabic and English. A written and verbal test will be given.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt message to culturally diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of the organization’s mandate and its programme of activities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, management and dissemination.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position.
To the following email addresses: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications is: Thursday,24th.09.2020
Please indicate the position title as "M & E employee " in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered
REFORM is an equal opportunity employer.