Logistics & Purchasing Officer (m/f/x) - Ramallah, Palestine
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is currently developing a new cooperation program for Palestine. This program will on the one hand build on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand will also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros.
The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). Signing is planned for the end of 2021, so that implementation can start in early 2022. An indicative budget of 70 million euros is proposed for the 2022-26 program, which will partly continue to build on the current projects.
The new portfolio, which has the motto “Empowered youth in an environmentally sustainable Palestine”, will focus on 2 pillars: young people and their broad development and, on the other hand, the environment - in its broad sense. By doing so, the program wants to make maximum use of the future prospects of young people, in terms of broad training, education and employment - with a strong gender dimension and a focus on the most vulnerable. In addition to this, the new program wants to go for sustainability, environmentally friendly solutions, climate adaptation and mitigation.
We are looking for an Logistics & Purchasing Officer who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the new governmental program.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Logistics & Purchasing Officer:
• You manage small purchases and are responsible for the logistical aspects such as the operational management of buildings and equipment, transportation of goods;
• You give support to set up procurement procedures and are responsible for the good application thereof in order to have equipment that is adapted to the needs of the users/projects;
• You verify materials with the help of an office inventory in order for equipment, including the communication systems, to function correctly and to guarantee a suitable working environment;
• You submit requests to customs, etc. for the claiming of materials and equipment in order for the projects to be able to dispose of the goods as soon as possible and to avoid lateness;
• You support the projects in order to help ensure good execution of various tasks and procedures;
• You lead the drivers team as the hierarchical supervisor and motivate them to deliver quality services.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience
• You hold a bachelor’s degree in administration, procurement, logistics or similar.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in logistics and/or purchasing.
Required skills and knowledge
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.) is an asset;
• Fully ICT literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ;
• Knowledge of public procurement procedures and basics of stocks management;
• Ability to read and understand technical specifications of procurement;
• Basic knowledge of quality and security standards, transit/customs clearance and bookkeeping;
• You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
• You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity;
• You focus on results-oriented management;
• You are eager to take initiatives and you are proactive;
• You are flexible and can work in a changing environment;
• You are a team player;
• You have strong analytical and writing skills;
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic. English proficiency is required, considering the international environment in which you work. Knowledge of Hebrew is an asset.
You are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract of 48 months. You are based in Ramallah.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
• This function is not an expatriation function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Apply online through Apply Now-button below.
at the latest by COB 28 March 2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.