Procurement, Supply and Stock:
- Analyze the local market and keep an updated database of local suppliers according to the needs and eligibility criteria of MdM-ES (quality, price, service, and ethics). Prepare the price list of the common supplies used regularly and update it every 6 months.
- Assist the FM and Admin & Finance Officer with the annual procurement plan and plan purchases according to the Jericho base needs. Obtain quotations, prepare purchase orders, negotiate prices and make payments according to MdM-ES procurement procedures.
- Liaise with the MHPSS managers to prepare and follow/implement the procurement plans for the projects.
- Assist in organizing the logistic components of the program activities and events such as training sessions, workshops, and field visits.
- Following the superior's instructions, communicate with MdM-ES partners on the logistics related to the implemented projects to analyze the logistics needs and demands.
- Attend meetings with project partners upon the request of the Field Manager or Admin & finance Officer or General Coordinator.
- Update inventory regularly and monitor stocks (ensure reception and proper storage, consumption/distribution, and follow up on the expiry of any perishable item in stock)
- Ensure proper reception and storage of any medical and non-medical supplies eventually purchased and obtain proper consumption follow-up.
- Assist in the various necessary errands and in scanning and archiving in accordance with MdM-ES Procedures.
- Provide the information (security conditions, security access, purchasing procedures, maps…) and support the team during the identification and formulation of project proposals.
- Propose improvements to the logistics procedures when relevant.
Equipment and premises:
- Oversee the maintenance of MdM-ES equipment and properties (office, guesthouse, vehicles, computers, printers, communication tools, etc.), contacting suppliers for the maintenance of MdM-ES equipment and premises when needed.
- Make sure that all safety equipment is available and functioning in all MdM-ES premises such as fire extinguishers or satellite phones.
- Ensure all MdM-ES property has an identification sticker according with MdM-S procedures.
- Provide equipment (mobile phones) for communication among MdM-ES staff and other visitors and ensure they all have access to MdM-ES premises in Jericho & Jerusalem.
- File and conserve documents of the logistic department (guidelines, purchase files, donation certificates, contracts with suppliers, manuals of instructions of MdM-ES equipment, reports…).
Vehicles and driving:
- Ensure proper use of vehicles and respect of the traffic law & MdM-S Policies.
- Monitor the expiration date of the vehicle’s rental contracts, insurance, Vehicle's technical inspection, taxes and any other mandatory procedure. Monitor vehicle maintenance and follow-up.
- Support the scheduling of the movements of the team to streamline the use of vehicles and keep track of movements of the staff through update movement board on weekly bases
- Drive or arrange transportation for the MdM-ES staff to authorized field locations, meetings or other activities, throughout the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip crossing, or any other allowed place.
- Follow up consumption of all vehicles and log book follow up.
- Make sure that all MdM-S vehicles have mandatory equipment like safety vests, triangles, etc. and the needed safety equipment such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers, spare parts, tools and other equipment like vehicle logs books, office directory, map of the city/country, etc. as defined by MdM-ES.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Security & Safety:
- Support the Field manager with the regular analysis of the security context and conditions in West Bank and the updates and revisions of security plan, guidelines and tools.
- Support the Field Manager on the day-by-day implementation of the security plans.
- Follow up on the daily evolution of the context.
- Check and follow up the security situation before and during the movements of the staff to the field and implement SoP when required.
- Contribute to security and context briefing for National and international staff with the support of the Field coordinator/Country Coordinator.
- Upon request, attend meetings on security.
- Follow up the incidents reports when needed.
- Update the map of target communities on a monthly basis and send it to the Field Manager.
The logistic Officer will report timely to the Field Manager and Admin & Finance officer the following:
- Monthly procurement supply plan.
- Updated supplier list.
- Vehicles fleet and consumption.
- Equipment list
- List of all ongoing contracts (rentals, car insurance, car’s technical inspections, etc.) with the duration and alert on expiry one month before the date.
- Updated consumption of program materials, supplies, and consumables stock.
- Translate verbally from Arabic to English and English to Arabic when necessary.
- Upon the need, search for information in terms of logistics and environmental conditions.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To maintain good professional relationships with national and international partners.
- To contribute to the update of emergency plans with the MdM-ES team.
- Perform other additional duties upon the request of the Field Manager/General Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, engineering or other related fields. If not, to have a proved and equivalent experience in the field.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively experience in logistic field related position.
- Experience working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Driving license.
- To have a Jerusalem ID.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergencies and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM Spain.
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic.
- Intermediate speaking and reading in Hebrew.
Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
People interested in the position must send their CV with 2 references and a Cover letter in English to [email protected]
Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will hire the first candidate that meets our requirements.
Please reference the job title as Logistics Officer/Jericho in the subject line of your Email.