Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For 12 months with possibility of extension based on fund.
Under the line management of the Base Logistician, the Logistics Officer plays a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective operations of Action Against Hunger in the Gaza Strip and is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring logistics and supply chain activities in support of the Program operations of the base. This position primarily focuses on procurement and supply chain management, information, and communication technology (ICT) support and equipment management. In addition, the Logistics officer will support the base in terms of supervision of fleet and premises.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management:
- Efficiently manage and supervise all procurement operations within the base, emphasizing cost-effectiveness and efficiency in sourcing and compliance with internal regulations.
- Liaise and maintain regular communication with service providers, suppliers, and companies to ensure adherence to technical specifications.
- Comprehensively manage procurement contracts throughout their lifecycle and, when necessary, develop framework agreements to streamline procurement processes.
- Regularly monitor and update follow-up reports (including procurement follow-up, contracts follow-up, and utility usage) and support market analysis.
- Efficiently oversee the archive of procurement and logistic documentation- in compliance with record-keeping requirements.
- Support data analysis exercises related to the logistics department's activities.
ICT, Equipment & Inventory Management
- Maintain the base equipment list updated and conduct regular inventory checks to document & equipment in stock and in use.
- Conduct scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance of IT, hardware, software, cameras, UPS, and communication equipment within the base to ensure appropriate working equipment availability.
- Manage and regularly update the base's backup procedures in coordination with the capital office.
- Facilitate communication during field movements by provisioning local providers SIM cards (Jawwal and/or Orange) and, if necessary, satellite communications.
- Enhance asset security and cybersecurity measures within the base, including implementing protocols to safeguard equipment and data.
- Coordinate the proper disposal or retirement of equipment and assets that are no longer in use, following organizational guidelines and regulations for environmentally responsible disposal practices.
- Coordinate the suppliers' visits and participate in regular field visits to monitor the status of ongoing procurements.
- Support in preparation of the monthly logistics report.
- Support in the definition of the budget and in the budget forecast regular exercise.
- Support in the development of logistics inputs during the proposal stage.
- Actively engage in addressing internal compliance mechanisms, particularly preventive controls, to ensure adherence to organizational standards and procedures.
- Provide support in the response to external audits, assisting in the preparation and documentation required to meet audit requirements and maintain compliance.
Premises and Fleet Management
- Support the Base Logistician in ensuring that all premises are equipped with up-to-date first aid kits, fire extinguishers, alarm systems, hibernation kits, and any other safety device deemed necessary.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers to ensure the effective maintenance and repair of premises, while actively monitoring the running costs.
- Support the process of identification of suitable buildings for Action Against Hunger’s premises in compliance with organizational requirements.
- Conduct regular inventory checks and update inventory documentation of all assets and supplies.
- Support the Movements focal point in the base in the management of fleet and movements, when required.
- Assume the role of Base Logistician when the designated officer is absent, including the support to ensure compliance with Local Standard Operating Procedures regarding safety and security management at the base level.
- Contribute to the organization and archival of logistics documents following established guidelines.
- Support with document and other material translation as required.
- Fulfil those duties that are inherent to the position.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement, information technology or a related field
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years of experience in logistics, with a focus on procurement, ICT management, premises, and fleet management, preferably in NGOs or private sector is required.
- Experience in safety and security matters is essential.
- Possession of a valid Type B driving license and demonstrated driving proficiency.
- First Aid Knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of humanitarian or emergency programming is required.
- Knowledge of major humanitarian donors and donor compliance issues is preferable.
- Proven dedication and alignment with the principles and values of humanitarian work.
- Exceptional communication and organizational capabilities.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and verbally communicating in both Arabic and English is required.
- Microsoft Office365 (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), data backup and recovery tools, network management, mobile communications, hardware troubleshooting.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
Action Against Hunger has commitment to protect all persons we come into contact with through our work, including children and At-Risk adults. Action Against Hunger has ZERO TOLERANCE towards all forms of harm and abuse, including sexual abuse and sexual exploitation.
CV submitted must be in English.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 14/10/2023.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.