MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a:
Logistics Officer, Jericho Base (1 Position)
Type: Full Time Contract
Duration of the contract: 12 months including 3 months' probation period, with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Job Location: Based in Jericho (West Bank)
Deadline: 31st August 2023
Reports to: WB Field Manager
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
The Logistics Officer reports directly to WB Field Manager.
Procurement, Supply, Stock and Visibility:
- Analyze the local market and keep an updated database of local suppliers according to the needs and eligibility criteria of MdM-S (quality, price, service, and ethics).
- Prepare price list of the common supplies used regularly and update it every 6 months.
- Assist the FM and Admin & Finance Officer to plan purchase according to the Jericho base needs. Obtain quotations, prepare purchase orders, and negotiate price lists and contracts with suppliers according to MdM-S procedures.
- Liaise with the Admin & Finance officer to make sure all payments are done timely without any delay. Pay the suppliers making sure all needed justifications are provided in accordance with the financial procedures of MdM-S. Obtain VAT exemptions to procurement in accordance with MdM-S procedures.
- Assist FM and Admin & Finance officer in filling the annual procurement plan and update it on a monthly base if needed.
- Implement the procurement process for the WB base in coordination with the Admin & Finance officer
- Liaise with the MHPSS managers to prepare and follow/implement the procurement plans for the projects*
- Update inventory regularly and custody records, and archive it on a regular basis.
- Monitor stocks, ensure reception and proper storage, consumption/distribution and follow up on the expiry of any perishable item in stock (including rotating the food and refilling consumables in the emergency boxes kept in the office/guesthouse).
- Make sure that all safety equipment is available and functioning in all MdM-S premises such as fire extinguishers or satellite phones.
- Ensure the proper use of visibility materials at the MdM-S base of Jericho & Jerusalem and its vehicles.
- Assist in sending documentation via post office and/or carrier services when needed to HQ.
- Support in Performing all needed filling, scanning and archiving in accordance to MdM-S Procedures.
Equipment and premises:
- Oversee the maintenance of MdM-S equipment and properties (office, guesthouse, vehicles, computers, printers, communication tools, etc.).
- Train MdM-S personnel on the use of equipment entrusted to them and the equipment available in the office (printers, copier machine etc.).
- Ensure all MdM-S property has an identification sticker according with MdM-S procedures.
- Contact suppliers for the maintenance of MdM-S equipment when needed, such as IT.
- Ensure a proper data backup is done regularly for all MdM-S computers.
- Provide equipment (mobile phones) for the communication among MdM-S staff and other visitors and ensure they all have access to MdM-S premises in Jericho & Jerusalem.
- File and conserve documents of the logistic department (guidelines, purchase files, donation certificates, contracts with suppliers, manuals of instructions of MdM-S equipment, reports…).
- Monitor the respect of the rules related to the use of vehicles.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance and follow-up.
- Support the scheduling of the movements of the team to streamline the use of vehicles.
- Assist in transportation arrangements through Taxis Companies when needed and reconcile the movements with the company at the end of each month.
- Communicate with other MdM-S bases and organize back-to-back movements when needed.
- Monitor the expiration date of the vehicle’s rental contracts and update the records with the admin & finance officer.
- Follow up consumption of all vehicles and log book follow up.
- Follow up the fuel payment to the Gas station monthly at the end of each month and liaise with the admin officer on the payments.
- Make sure that all MdM-S vehicles are equipped with functional needed safety equipment such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers and other equipment.
- Assist in organizing the logistic components of the program activities and events such as training sessions, workshops and field visits.
- Keep track of movements of the staff through update movement board on weekly bases and ensuring the suitable flexibilities to facilitate the movements.
- Ensure proper reception and storage of any medical and non-medical supplies eventually purchased and obtain proper consumption follow up.
- Communicate with MdM-S partners on the logistics related to the implemented projects in order to analyze the logistics needs and demands.
- Update the map of target communities on a monthly basis and send it to the Field Manager.
- Provide the information (security conditions, security access, purchasing procedures, maps…) and support the team during the identification and formulation of project proposals.
- Propose improvements of the logistics procedures when relevant.
- Ensure a proper use of vehicle and respect of the traffic law & MdM-S Policies.
- Arrange transporting/Drive (when needed) safely MdM-S staff to authorized field locations, meetings or other activities, throughout the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip crossing, or any other allowed place.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repair, changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.…
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs books, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Check the situation of the roads before any staff movement.
Security & Safety:
- With the support of the Field manager, contribute to the regular analysis of the security context and conditions in West bank.
- Follow up on the daily evolution of the context and keep the team informed.
- Follow up the security situation during the movements of the staff to the field and implement Sop when required or share the Information with the Field Manager and General Coordinator for decision making.
- Upon request, participate in the update and revise security plan, guidelines and tools.
- Contribute to security and context briefing for National and international staff including HQ visitors with the support of the Field coordinator/Country Coordinator.
- Check the situation of the roads before any staff movement.
- Contribute to the mission monthly security context and analysis report.
- Upon request, attend meetings on security.
- Contribute to the mission security context and analysis.
- Keep informed and send to MdM-S team on any incident or security alert.
- Follow up the incidents reports when needed.
The logistic Officer will report timely to the Field Manager and Admin & Finance officer the following:
- Monthly procurement supply plan.
- Updated supplier list.
- Vehicles fleet and consumption.
- Eequipment list updates timely.
- List of all ongoing contracts with the duration and alert on expiry one month before the date.
- Updated consumption of programs materials, supplies and consumables stock.
- Translate verbally from Arabic to English and English to Arabic when necessary.
- Upon the need, Search information in terms of logistics and environmental conditions
- Attend meetings with projects partners upon the request of the Field Manager or Admin & finance Officer or General Coordinator.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To maintain good professional relationships with national and international partners.
- To contribute to the update of emergency plans with the MdM-S team.
- Perform other additional duties upon the request of the Field Manager/General Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively experience in logistic field related position.
- Experience working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Driving license.
- To have a Jerusalem ID.
- The candidate will need to use his/her own car for work purposes, and this will be compensated as per MdM policy,
- That the candidate shall disclose in the cover letter or on the email of applying if he has a car and welling to use it for work purposes or not.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM Spain.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 56,796 ILS to 84,144 ILS gross/ year divided on 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
APPLICATION AND PROCEDURES:
People interested in the position must send their CV with 2 references and Cover letter in English to [email protected] by August,31, 2023.
Please reference the job title as Logistics Officer/Jericho in the subject line of your Email.
Deadline for receiving the application is August. 31 2023
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.
Médicos del Mundo promotes internal careers.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
We thank all candidates for their interest to MDM.