Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For 12 months with possibility of extension
The overall responsibility of the liaison officer is to liaise with relevant parties to ensure the safe access of the Action Against Hunger teams to implement their programmes inside the Gaza Strip. He/she will work closely with the Head of Base in this regard.
The liaison officer has to constantly follow up the context in Gaza with regards to security and to inform appropriateness of the movements. He/she will work closely with the Head of Base and Base log to update if and when needed, the LSOPs.
All the above is to be done ensuring humanitarian principles are respected and applied throughout.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Facilitate field access:
- Responsible for obtaining project clearances from local authorities: preparation and submission of project summaries and follow up with appropriate ministries the status of the agreement for the projects to ensure access and safety of the staff.
- Responsible for obtaining assessment clearances from local authorities: submission of clearance for assessments and follow up.
- Working closely with the technical teams and admin department to ensure document submitted are appropriate and on time.
- Following up and reporting if any field access issue.
- Responsible for following up movement clearances, by preparing and submitting the movement plan request in accordance with programs and logistics plans and requirements.
- Following up permits for international staff.
Context Follow up:
- Being the focal point for preparing and sharing weekly context updates.
- Monitors and communicates if any information that could impact AAH programs.
- Communicates with base logistician regarding accidents to ensure necessary information and reporting is provided, and to resolve any possible disputes if any.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of the effectiveness of the security and movement plans.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing evacuations of AAH staff.
- Performs security assessments, with logistics, both routine and those required to ensure security of AAH staff.
- Helps in translating documents when needed.
- Maintains strong communication with departments in terms of management and implementation of system, procedures, and programs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, security and safety or related field
- Technical knowledge in access, safety and security analysis.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in dealing with access and safety analysis especially for NGOs is compulsory.
- Knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming is strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of access procedures related to humanitarian issues is compulsory.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 28/10/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.