Role Description & Deliverables
Project context & objectives
• In order to facilitate the Reconstruction of post conflict Gaza, the Palestinian Authority (PA) requested the UN to establish a Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) to monitor the entry and use of dual use items in Gaza. The MMU is a multi-disciplinary team located in Gaza that monitors the supply chain of dual-use materials. This team of engineers, quantity surveyors, stock monitors, and IT experts monitors the storage facilities, suppliers, concrete processing plants, as well as repair and constructions sites. The Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) is responsible for conducting site visits to potential vendors, contractors, concrete processing plants and construction projects to monitor the flow and use of dual use materials as required by the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism (GRM). Data is collected through static and mobile devices and managed in a central database capable of producing reports that satisfy the parties and donor due diligence requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, and ultimately accountable to the Project Coordinator, the Logistics Monitor is responsible for various monitoring activities in field locations in Gaza and providing timely reports on their findings. Monitoring activities may vary in nature but include developing relationships with local stakeholders, closely observing the transport and/or usage of dual-use materials, and clearly communicating observations. The incumbent is expected to be able to operate with the highest levels of impartiality and professionalism in order to provide assurance to stakeholders that materials are utilised at all times following processes outlined by the parties to the GRM and other high-level stakeholders.
- Daily travel to project sites throughout Gaza
- Establish and maintain phone/face to face contact with other project personnel at regular intervals to provide progress updates on logistical operations
- Observe handling of materials by businesses and facilities while not interfering in their operations
- Establish strong working relationships with local stakeholders
- Provide advice to implementers on processes required under the GRM and other agreements
- Accurately record data on material movements and usage
- Enter data into provided databases in a timely manner
- Provide written reports of findings, including risks and issues
- Proactively suggest improvements to internal processes to ensure operating efficiency
- Report daily to Logistics Officer to provide data on findings and agree schedule for coming day(s)
- Enter data into online databases regularly throughout the day
- Participate in weekly team meetings to identify common issues, risks and lessons learned
- Attention to detail with strong numeracy and literacy
- Understanding of logistical operations required for transport and storage of materials, especially within the Gaza context
- Experience of warehouse or other similar environments where significant scheduling and coordination activities are involved in smooth operations
- Ability to understand political sensitivity and treat data with the highest levels of confidentiality
- Flexibility to adapt to varying working schedules and locations with minimum notice
- Familiarity with modern office computer systems and online applications
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, in Arabic and English
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Understanding of processes and standards expected of international organizations implementing development projects in Gaza
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and act calmly under pressure
- Full knowledge of health and safety standards and ability to act as a role model for ensuring safety of staff at all times
- Ability to maintain concentration for potential long periods of low activity followed by periods of more intense activity
- Sensitivity to gender and ability to apply gender mainstreaming concepts
- Knowledge of good project management practices
No team management involved.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience & competencies
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or other similar relevant disciplines.
Clean driving licence
Minimum 5 years in logistics, engineering, construction or monitoring related positions
Experience working with UN organizations is a plus.
Fluent Arabic, Working English
Other relevant information
- The incumbent must be mentally and physically fit.
- The incumbent must have a clean criminal record.
- All duties are performed in PPE: Safety Hat, Boots and High Viz jackets when visiting the projects.
- Duties may require long periods of standing;
- The incumbent may be required to perform early-morning or late-night-shift duty
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة