Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political, and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, the MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity-building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment provision.
The Logistics Manager reports directly to MdM’s General Coordinator in oPt.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Management:
- Develop and implement a strategic logistics framework in alignment with MdM-ES’s goals.
- Lead the logistics team and ensure timely and efficient delivery of logistics support.
- Monitoring and analyzing logistical indicators.
- Support the General Coordinator to develop and implement a strategic security framework in alignment with MdM-ES’s goals.
- Monitoring and analyzing security indicators.
Procurement, Supply and Stock:
- Oversee and analyze the local market and keep an updated database of local suppliers according to the needs and eligibility criteria of MdM-ES (quality, price, service, and ethics). Prepare the price list of the common supplies used regularly and update it every 6 months.
- Develop, review, and adjust the annual procurement plan in conjunction with the Finance and Admin teams. Obtain quotations, prepare purchase orders, negotiate prices, and make payments according to MdM-ES procurement procedures.
- Liaise with the MHPSS managers to prepare and follow/implement the procurement plans for the projects.
- Lead the organization of the logistic components of the program activities and events such as training sessions, workshops, and field visits.
- Act as the primary liaison for logistics matters with MdM-ES partners, ensuring timely understanding and response to their logistics needs.
- Represent MdM-ES in meetings with project partners and key stakeholders, whenever required.
- Update inventory regularly and monitor stocks (ensure reception and proper storage, consumption/distribution, and follow up on the expiry of any perishable item in stock)
- Ensure proper reception and storage of any medical and non-medical supplies eventually purchased and obtain proper consumption follow-up.
- Assist in the various necessary errands and in scanning and archiving in accordance with MdM-ES Procedures.
- Provide the information (security conditions, security access, purchasing procedures, maps…) and support the team during the identification and formulation of project proposals.
- Propose improvements to the logistics procedures when relevant.
Equipment and premises:
- Oversee the maintenance of MdM-ES equipment and properties (office, guesthouse, vehicles, computers, printers, communication tools, etc.), contacting suppliers for the maintenance of MdM-ES equipment and premises when needed.
- Make sure that all safety equipment is available and functioning in all MdM-ES premises such as fire extinguishers or satellite phones.
- Ensure all MdM-ES property has an identification sticker according to MdM-S procedures.
- Provide equipment (mobile phones) for communication among MdM-ES staff and other visitors and ensure they all have access to MdM-ES premises in Jericho & Jerusalem.
- File and conserve documents of the logistic department (guidelines, purchase files, donation certificates, contracts with suppliers, manuals of instructions of MdM-ES equipment, reports…).
- Set policies and oversee the proper use and maintenance of vehicles in compliance with traffic laws and MdM-ES policies.
- Monitor the expiration date of the vehicle’s rental contracts, insurance, Vehicle's technical inspection, taxes, and any other mandatory procedure. Monitor vehicle maintenance and follow-up.
- Support the scheduling of the movements of the team to streamline the use of vehicles and keep track of the movements of the staff through update the movement board on a weekly basis
- Drive or arrange transportation for the MdM-ES staff to authorized field locations, meetings, or other activities, throughout the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip crossing, or any other allowed place.
- Follow-up consumption of all vehicles and logbook follow-up.
- Make sure that all MdM-S vehicles have mandatory equipment like safety vests, triangles, etc., and the needed safety equipment such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers spare parts, tools, and other equipment like vehicle logs books, office directory, map of the city/country, etc. as defined by MdM-ES.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Security & Safety:
- Oversee and analyze the implementation of the security framework.
- Monitoring and analyzing security indicators.
- Develop specific security plans in coordination with the General Coordinator.
- Support the Field manager with the regular analysis of the security context and conditions in West Bank and the updates and revisions of the security plan, guidelines, and tools.
- Support the Field Manager on the day-by-day implementation of the security plans.
- Follow up on the daily evolution of the context.
- Check and follow up on the security situation before and during the staff movements to the field and implement SoP when required.
- Contribute to security and context briefing for national and international staff with the support of the Field coordinator/General Coordinator.
- Upon request, attend meetings on security.
- Follow up on the incident reports when needed.
- Update the map of target communities monthly and send it to the Field Manager.
The logistic manager will report timely to the General Coordinator the following:
- Monthly procurement supply plan.
- Updated supplier list.
- Vehicles fleet and consumption.
- Equipment list updates.
- List all ongoing contracts (rentals, car insurance, cars' technical inspections, etc.) with the duration and alert on expiry one month before the date.
- Update consumption of program materials supplies and consumables stock.
- Translate verbally from Arabic to English and English to Arabic when necessary.
- Upon the need, search for information in terms of logistics and environmental conditions.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To maintain good professional relationships with national and international partners.
- To contribute to the update of emergency plans with the MdM-ES team.
- Perform other additional duties upon the request of the General Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, engineering, or other related fields. If not, to have a proven and equivalent experience in the field.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively experience in logistic field-related positions.
- Experience working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Driving license.
- To have a Jerusalem ID.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM Spain.
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic.
- Intermediate speaking and reading in Hebrew.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 105,000.00 ILS to 120,204.00 ILS gross/ year divided into 12 payments based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
People interested in the position must send their CV with 2 references and a Cover letter in English to [email protected]
Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will hire the first candidate that meets our requirements.
Please reference the job title as Logistics Manager/oPt in the subject line of your Email.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender, or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.
Médicos del Mundo promotes internal careers.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after the deadline must be considered dismissed.
We thank all candidates for their interest in MDM.