MSF Spain is looking for a skilled Logistics Coordinator Assistant in Jerusalem (with a frequent trip to West Bank and Gaza) to help us provide quality service to our beneficiaries. This position is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in the humanitarian sector and develop your skills. You will also be an important member of our team focusing on medical and mental health assistance to population.
You will be working in our Jerusalem Office and also you will be helping our team members in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure a proper logistics management in the capital and providing support to logistic activities in the projects
We expect you to share our humanitarian values to offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. In MSF we treat our beneficiaries with dignity, and with respect for their cultural and religious beliefs.
• Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
• Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and/or the Mission Supply Chain Manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, in order to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines
• Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver's schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
• Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
• Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment used or stocked in capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, in order to have everything running adequately
• Supporting the LogCo in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
• Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
• Ensure the IT of the mission (IT policy, needs, computers setting up, updates, networks…)
• Ensure the telecommunication services of the mission (providers contracts, telephones updates, Apps, contacts list…)
• Ensure new arrivals briefing regarding IT and Telecommunication and supporting the logistic coordinator regarding JSM applied security.
• Ensure the coordination of the vehicle movements properly followed up (movement plan, movements follow up…)
• Collaborate with the logistic coordinator in collecting information about security and ensures the proper follow up of the security SOP.
• Prepare and manage the maintenance and service contracts for JSM.
• Ensure the service providers follow up.
• Ensure the mission asset management and excel file (Marmota) and “Track my Stuff”
• Able to move to the field to promote, setting up, standardize mission logistics SOP and procedures.
• Collaborate with the log coordinator to set up and develop the logistics basics and the helps the LogCo in the field, management documents basics, maintenance plan for JSM and the projects.
• Ensure the PMS of the log staff under her/his responsibility
• In collaboration with the log coordinator, proposes improvements and changes for the Logistics in the mission.
• Collaborate with the log coordinator regarding budget follow up and money request.
• Support the supply officer in supply procedures, follow standards, contracts.
• Replace, if needed, the logistic coordinator in the coordination meeting and other partners meetings.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential secondary education plus further training
• Essential two years of previous experience in similar jobs
• Desirable with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries
Mission language essential. Local language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
- Full time position (Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 -16:30)
- 20 days annual leave
- Complementary Staff Health Policy
- Mental Health Support
- Starting date: Soon as possible
- Gross Salary: Between 9100 ILS to 10.500 ILS
- Transportation Allowance
- Chils Allowance
- 13th month Salary
We require all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. Failure of submitting this application documents would make the application invalid and the application would not be considered.
All documents of application must be in English.
Please send your applications with CV & Resume, a cover letter including aforementioned instructions in English
The deadline for application is 26/05/2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for technical test and interview.
All the steps of the recruitment will be done in ENGLISH.
E mail address for application : [email protected]
Subject of the application e-mail : MSFEPI-LCA-2023- (Applicant's Surname)