Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
For 12 months with a possibility of extension
- Ensure coordination between Logistics and the other departments in the Mission, to provide the adequate level of support to Action Against Hunger operations in oPt
- Manage the Logistics department, monitoring its performance in all the processes related to Logistics to ensure they are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy
- Draft the Mission´s Logistics Strategy and collaborate with the other members of the Coordination team in creating the Mission´s Strategy
Objective 1: Coordinate logistics at national level (65%)
Internal coordination of the logistics team in the Mission
- Ensure the standardization of Action Against Hunger´s logistics procedures, KitLog) and compliance with donors’ regulations and tools.
- Contribute to EPRP development, emergency stock, capacity building and implement accordingly.
Drafting / Revision of Proposals and Reports to donors
- Ensure proposals are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy, and take into account logistics costs, needs, and the logistics context in the intended implementation areas, prepare and implement Project Procurement Plans
- Prepare and/or supervise the reports accuracy to donors on all logistics aspects defined by their policy (including stock, equipment, fleet, and procurement).
Support to and supervision of the supply chain:
- Implementation and monitoring of Action Against Hunger´s Supply Chain Management Tool.
- Ensure efficient transport of supplies within the Mission.
- Implementation of the anti-fraud policy and its tools within the logistics department.
Budgeting, reporting, analysis and information management
- Prepare and follow up the logistics part of the Mission´s annual budget.
- Control and analyse the Mission´s Logistics indicators, data and costs.
- Ensure the implementation of Action Against Hunger´s Archiving Policy for Logistics Documents.
- Participate and timely contribute to Audit and Compliance requests.
- Ensure that all base logistics have knowledge and capacity to respond to the Audit requirements in coordination with Finance department Ensure the Monthly Reporting requirements to Headquarters are met by the Mission.
IT & Communication Management:
- Implement adequate, cost efficient and relevant IT & Communication systems.
- Update and follow-up on Action Against Hunger´s IT policy implementation in the Mission.
- Act as Mission IT Focal point between HQ IT Department/support and Bases IT Focal Point staff.
- Advice and support the different Department on data management, security data requirements and data repositories standards
- Ensure that mission equipment managed according to Action Against Hunger and donors’ guidelines
- Ensure an efficient fleet planning, use, management AND REPORTING in the Mission (maintenance, etc.).
Objective 2: Contribute to the definition of mission strategy (5%)
- Contribute to the definition of the logistics component of the Mission´s strategy with information, hard data, and clear planning.
- Develop, update, and disseminate the Mission´s Logistics Strategy.
Objective 3: Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with external stakeholders and implementing partners (5%)
- Contribute to the process of selection of implementing partners, and validate any analysis submitted by the bases on their logistics capacity and ensure implementation of planned actions.
- Represent Action Against Hunger on any external coordination bodies and develop a network for the exchange of information and good practices on logistics.
Objective 4: Line-management of the logistics team in Jerusalem, and technical management of and support to Base Logisticians in the Bases (15%)
- Define the country’s logistics team configuration in collaboration with the Management Team, ensuring the correct allocation of human resources within the Mission
- Develop and monitor individual action plans for every member of the department
- Contribute to the Mission Training Plan, and monitor its implementation within the logistics department
- Provide technical support, guidance, or training to any team member, as needed
- Evaluate the performance of every team member, and contribute to the development their relevant skills
Objective 5: Operational support to the Mission´s security management (10%)
- Advise the Country Director on matters related to security management and context development.
- Deputise as security manager in the absence of the Country Director.
- Contribute to the design and update of the operational component of the Mission´s Safety Plan package.
- Ensure the compliance of all staff with the Mission´s safety regulations.
- Contribute to the follow up on the physical status and availability of contingency measures and equipment (e.g., hibernation boxes, back-up vehicles).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or another related field. Master in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar an asset.
- Good procurement, security, fleet and IT knowledge (especially in data management/ analysis).
- Advanced knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO, UNICEF, EU, UNICEF, AECID) an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role (international humanitarian operations, medium-big sized mission, access constraints).
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in field logistics or related field coordination in a Humanitarian Aid organization.
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management, fleet/transport management, asset management, budgeting and budget management for logistics.
- Experience in launching tenders and in logistics tools development and data analysis is an asset.
- Experience producing accurate, timely and efficient reports about all areas related to logistics.
- Proven management and coordination skills (including HR and stress management) and ability in translating analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategic decision-making.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger is an asset.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Advanced Windows Office 365 user, medium level of MS Excel compulsory, PowerBI. software knowledge is an asset. General IT knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Mobility between bases as required (Hebron, Gaza, etc.). Ability to travel occasionally outside oPt.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.