JOB POSTING – Logistics Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: September 14th 2021
ORGANIZATION: Right To Play – Palestine
WORK LOCATION: Ramallah, Palestine
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 16 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The MAÁN /TOGETHER project: Towards Gender – Responsive and Empowering Education for Girls and Boys in the West Bank and Gaza is a five years project. The Project will address barriers to quality education for Palestinian Refugee children in UNRWA schools in the WB and Gaza by providing primary teachers, physical education teachers, and school counsellor with skills to support children’s learning and psychosocial wellbeing. Child centered interventions will be integrated into teaching practices, both in and out of schools, and will result in improved quality of education foe children. The Project will offer safer and more inclusive school environments for girls and boys in UNRWA schools by rehabilitating play spaces and school WASH facilities.
The Logistics Coordinator reports directly to the Finance Manager/ Officer and is responsible for procurement and Fleet Management in the respective country. The incumbent also manages store and fixed assets, support administration and oversee execution of rehabilitation projects. The incumbent works closely with the Program Manager, and Project Officers as required
Job Responsibility #1: Logistics and Fleet Management (30 % of Time):
- Ensures all maintenance and control of RTP/donor logistics and procedures are fulfilled.
- Ensures that timely periodic vehicles/generators maintenance is conducted according to specific kilometre coverage and running time.
- Monitors the issuing and use of fuel by maintaining an accurate, clear and transparent record of fuel consumption.
- Advises on road conditions for country side travel to ensure the safety of passengers.
- Work closely with the Safety and Security Focal Point in regards to Emergency Cases that might occur inside the office and outside the office; e.g. Field locations.
- Coordinates transportation of staff and goods in the field.
- Ensures in coordination with Finance Manager/Officer to coordinate timely payment of all RTP utility bills, subscriptions and other bills and invoices.
- Liaises with relevant government ministries, customs authorities and other departments for the clearing of imported/exported goods.
- Facilitates arrangements for visitors, meetings, conferences, security check and special events.
Job Responsibility #2: Procurement (25% of Time):
- Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the program office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- Reviews pre-qualification suppliers list against procurement policy.
- Ensures compliance with procurement procedures as per the Field Finance Manual.
- Provides guidance for the procurement committees’ constitution and for arranging meetings to make purchase decisions.
- Prepares purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
- Ensures invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matched receipts of purchase orders e.g.: GRN, Delivery Notes and others
- Handles contract management in regards to renewal, payment etc.
- Ensures deliveries are processed in an adequate and timely manner.
Job Responsibility #3: Store and Fixed Assets Management (15%):
- Oversees the management of the store and keeps the store in good condition.
- Checks balances of goods and equipment and reports to Finance Officer/Manager.
- Keeps and registers returned used projects materials.
- Produces monthly stock reports for Program Managers, Finance Officer/Manager and CD for consideration.
- Develops appropriate systems and procedures for the management of the programme’s assets, adapted to the specific needs of each site. Preferably to be linked with the HR Officer especially when it comes to staff Properties.
Job Responsibility #4: Rehabilitation project management (15%):
- Manages all technical and scheduling project aspects and coordinates with other team members toward an effective and efficient execution of the project.
- Coordinates with construction managers to ensure proper and on time implementation of the project.
- Follows up on the implementation of the rehabilitation work and provides Program Manager/Country Director with continuous updates.
- Follows up with contractors on quality of delivery, delivery date, payment and project end.
Job Responsibility #5: Team management (10% of Time):
- Supervises and monitors all Drivers in their daily duties such as daily vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance reporting, logbooks, cleaning of vehicles and adherence to safety.
- Ensures that the direct reporting team are familiar with their roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles and provides all coaching and support to build their capacity.
- Ensures that Staff who drives RTP vehicles are familiar with RTP Polices in regards to Fleet Management and informs the Logistics of any accident, logbooks, etc.
- Carries out the performance appraisal of the direct reporting team.
Job Responsibility #6: Perform Other Duties (5% of Time):
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Management, Administration or related discipline.
2 years’ experience in logistics and/or procurement in national.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent research and negotiation skills
- A solid team player with respect for others
- Effective organization skills
- Ability to manage a team and provide feedback
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use automated procurement systems
- Understanding of fleet management
- Skilled in record keeping and documentation
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Holding a driving license
- Degree in project management
- Experience in working with NGO or I/NGOs
Employment Start Date: October 2021
Contract Duration: One year to be renewed
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
المسمى الوظيفي Logistics Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 14 - Sep - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter Here
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Right To Play
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
22, Dec, 2020
رام الله والبيرة
24, Sep, 2020
رام الله والبيرة
9, Sep, 2020