Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: Ramallah
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 7 months
Closing Date: 20 July 2021 (midnight New York, USA time)
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) was established through a resolution adopted by the UN General Assembly on 20 December 1978, calling upon UNDP “to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people”. In partnership with Palestinian institutions, civil society, communities and donors, UNDP’s goal is to empower the Palestinian People to establish a viable State that is able to realize the right to development for its people and support their socioeconomic resilience. Since its establishment, UNDP/PAPP has delivered over USD 1 5 billion in development assistance to the Palestinian people. UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure.UNDP is currently seeking the recruitment of a Logistics Coordinator under a National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA) - to work under the direct supervision of the TEA Project Manager and the guidance of the Programme Analyst - to provide support in ensuring effective delivery of the TEA project in line with the approved budget and annual work plan. The expected duration of the agreement is 10 months, the extension of which, shall be conditional to the satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Specifically, this assignment will focus on the Transparency, Evidence and Accountability (TEA) programme which is a UK funded programme of support to the Palestinian Authority (PA). The programme is designed to help deliver on the Middle East Peace Process (MEPP) objectives that include prioritizing PA’s institutional development, improving accountability and promoting transparency to preserve the political viability of two state solution in the absence of significant political change: a key priority going forward is maintaining PA capacity, financial viability, and accountability.
Summary of key functions:
Support the programming, implementation, and follow-up of project activitiesPerform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
• Ensure effective organization, logistical and administrative support to workshops, meetings, delegations, and field visits etc.
• Provision of logistical and administrative support to Project staff, Implementing Partners, and donors, in accordance with UNDP Programme, Operations, Polices and Procedures.
• Provide administrative support to project operations and activities, following UNDP policies and procedures to facilitate the effective delivery of goods and services.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support the efficient administration of the project.
• Support the progress monitoring of all contracting activities
• Respond to technical queries/requests for support, following UNDP Programme, Operations, Policies and Procedures, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a customer service mind-set.
Support the coordination of procurement and Human Resource Planning procedures, as well as the whole process of contracting and managing resources of the project.
• Support the preparation of and follow up on the Projects Procurement and Human Resource plans in accordance with the approved Annual Work Plan of the project.
• Provide support to the Project Manager and other project staff in the day-to-day administration of project activities.
• Follow-up on the timely delivery of procurement goods and services for the project.
• Support the Project Manager in finalizing Terms of Reference for Consultants, experts, and specifications of materials and goods as required by the project.
• Follow up on the preparation and timely submission of all payment requests and supporting documents with implementing partners/consultants/suppliers as per the UNDP procedures.
Maintain/process documentation and reporting
• Proper archiving of project correspondence and documentation; Photocopies and bindings
• Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. MoM for meetings and field visits, Bi-weekly Reports, physical inventory, transport performance, etc) and ensure accuracy of information in support of informed decision-making.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Ability to review and contribute to qualitative narrative and budgetary reports.
Ability to provide Logistical and Office Support.
Ability to prepare procurement and contracting related documents.
Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Teams).
Leadership: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges
Innovation: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations
People Management: Takes ownership of responsibilities
Communication: Understands, explains, and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarityDelivery: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services
Minimum Academic Education:
High School Diploma.
BA degree in English Studies, Business Administration, Social Studies or related field would be an asset.
Minimum Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in administrative & operational experience support and reporting.Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with BA Degree
Fluency in both English and Arabic
Fluency in both English and Arabic
المسمى الوظيفي Logistics Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Jul - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة