Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Logistics Assistant – IT Focal Point (Re-advertisement)
For 3.5 months (until May 2023) with possibility of extension based on fund.
Under the line management of the Logs Officer and with the support of Base Logistician and Capital Log, the Logistics Assistant will contribute to the efficiency of Gaza Base operations, with a special focus on equipment, IT and small procurement tasks.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Equipment & IT aspects:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure and ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Assists in purchasing and maintaining hardware (laptops, printers, digital cameras, scanners, servers etc.) in accordance with AAH procedures and donor regulations.
- Identify and prioritize IT needs for the office in each financial year with coordination with the line manager
- Maintain/update Gaza base equipment list and manage software licensing.
- Maintain IT, Hardware, Software, cameras, UPS and internal communication equipment in Gaza base within 24 hours.
- Manage and report issues related to external stakeholders such
- Maintain good record of loan certificated for the staff.
- Maintain/update Gaza Base backup process and coordinate with the Capital.
- Provide staff with required equipment and receiving all returned items and equipment.
- Helps maintaining the updates of antivirus software and windows operating system for the Staff.
- Ensure Gaza Base is stocked with the appropriate working equipment.
- Conduct technology training for new users (Basic IT training for the staff).
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate
- Maintain data and network security & confidentiality.
- Follow up all ICT related problems in the base and ensure the proper use of Action Against Hunger assets.
- Prepare the direct procurements in the base and support the logistics department in the other procurements when needed
- Ensure the respect of the deadlines for the direct procurements of the base.
- Purchase office supplies and organize the payments of invoices to the suppliers for the direct procurement
- Deal with contractors and suppliers to ensure technical specifications and arrange deliveries on site for the direct procurements.
- Deliver and collect quotes for the direct procurement.
- Participate in updating the PFU (Procurement Follow Up) on a regular basis for the direct procurements part.
- Inspect items delivered and deal with contractors regarding back orders and missing or damaged goods for the direct procurements.
- Prepare procurement requests and supplier purchase orders for the direct procurement.
- Justify the cash advances with admin department and keep monitoring the direct purchase process.
- Manage Logistic petty expenses (LPE) when needed.
Archiving & Translation
- Creates the files for every purchase dossier under his/her responsibility
- Ensure proper hard copies archiving of all logistics documents
- Ensure proper soft copies archiving of all logistics documents
- Translate all required documents, when needed
- Scan the closed Purchase Dossier and upload on Microsoft team
- Acting as Logistics Officer during absence
- Those duties that are inherent to the position
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, management information system, information technology or related field.
- IT, Procurement, and supply chain management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in logistics especially in IT management and supply chain tasks.
- Good knowledge in procurement is a requirement, either in NGOs or private sector.
- knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of major humanitarian donors and donor compliance issues is an asset.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team player.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (ICDL is preferrable)
- Knowledge of computer networking, LAN, WLAN installation, repair, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of systems engineering, computer maintenance, server administration.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
Action Against Hunger has commitment to protect all persons we come into contact with through our work, including children and At-Risk adults. Action Against Hunger has ZERO TOLERANCE towards all forms of harm and abuse, including sexual abuse and sexual exploitation.
CV submitted must be in English.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 21/01/2023.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
For applicants previously applied, please do not re-send your application.