MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a:
Logistics Assistant, Gaza Base (1 Position)
Type: Full Time Contract
Duration of the contract: 12 months including 3 months' probation period, with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Job Location: Based in Gaza city
Deadline: 07th August 2023
Reports to: Gaza Base Log. Officer
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
The Logistics Assistant reports directly to Gaza Base Log. Officer.
I. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement and supply
- Assist the Base Log. Officer in planning and executing purchase procedures and purchase orders.
- Disseminate tenders or quotations to suppliers, collect tenders from vendors and follow up on submission deadlines.
- Assist the Base Log. Officer and technical team in preparing procurement plans all MdM activities and ensure timely approval and execution of such plans.
- Execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement activities for acquisition of goods, services, and works, encompassing but not limited to verifying technical specifications or terms of reference, preparing letters of invitation/requests for quotations, overseeing evaluation processes, drafting evaluation reports, contracts, and minutes of contract negotiations, and ensuring all procurements are carried out in accordance with procurement regulations and the conditions of the grant and implementation agreements.
- Assist in bid advertising, correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening for all procurement processes, strictly in accordance with best procurement practices, and MdM and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain accurate supplier and agreements database, and contribute to the analysis of the local market and to keeping an updated database of local suppliers corresponding to MDM’s needs and criteria (quality, price, service, ethics).
- Keep records and documentations proper updated and share it with finance team on a timely manner, to arrange for payments accordingly.
- Provide contract administration services, including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, assisting with contract amendments, and support on transferring the selection of awarded entities during completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on procurement implementation status and progress of ongoing contracts execution.
- Maintain proper procurement and contract performance management files for management oversight and audit trail.
- Assist in the management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Monitor distribution of goods to the beneficiaries / deliveries from suppliers into MDM stock or directly to the MoH facilities. (Donation certificates / Delivery Notes).
- Translate verbally and written from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic when necessary.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Direct Supervisor.
- Assist in updating inventory records for assets and custody records.
- Register new procured items in Gaza base on the asset database.
- Conduct annual inventory count for the base assets & random checks for assets as well.
- Equipment and means of communication
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment.
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repairs of the equipment.
- Regular check for MdM - Spain equipment (printers, laptops, copier and etc..) liaise for any maintenance needed with the service provider.
- Update the equipment list of the Gaza office base.
- Draft the monthly logistics reports including stock reports, cost of vehicles and activity report; purchase tracker, contract fallow up, equipment list.
- Send the monthly report to the Base Log. Officer.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively experience in logistic field related position.
- Experience working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Driving license would be an asset
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM Spain.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply
The compensation package total is from 56796 ILS to 65016 ILS gross/ year divided on 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
1. APPLICATION AND PROCEDURES
People interested in the position must send their CV with 2 references and Cover letter in English to [email protected] by August, 07, 2023.
Please reference the job title as Logistics Assistant/GAZA in the subject line of your Email.
Deadline for receiving the application is August. 07 2023
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.
Médicos del Mundo promotes internal careers.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
We thank all candidates for their interest to MDM.