Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For a period of 6 months
In the framework of Action Against Hunger program to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the Logistics Assistant will support the Base Logistician to ensure that the Gaza Base procurement plan is fulfilled. S/He will support to guarantee an efficient and effective operational support to the projects of the Base.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support in the development and implementation of procurement procedures
- Supports in the office needs follow up, purchase office supplies and organize the payments of invoices to the suppliers.
- Deal with contractors and suppliers to ensure technical specifications and arrange deliveries, as and when requested by the Base Logistician.
- Update the supplier and price list of the procurements.
- Deliver and collect quotes, as and when requested by the Base Logistician.
- Inspect items delivered and deal with contractors regarding back orders and missing or damaged goods, as and when requested by the base logistician.
- Record progress of procurement in the procurement follow up database.
- Prepare procurement requests and supplier purchase orders for the logistics Department under the Action Against Hunger procurement rules.
- Supports in the update of the contract follow up.
- Prepares the first draft of the supply chain management documents according to Kit Log.
- Coordinates with suppliers the delivery of the final invoices and deduction from source certificates.
Archiving & Translation
- Creates the files for assigned purchase dossier.
- Ensure proper hard copies archiving of assigned logistics documents.
- Ensure proper soft copies archiving of assigned logistics documents.
- Translate all required documents.
- Deal with the suppliers visits to the office.
- Visit suppliers or projects when request by the Base Logistician.
- Crosscheck the payments with Procurement, contract follow-up and purchase dossiers.
- Support the Base Logistician in development of monthly reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A degree in logistics, business administration or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistics and procurement.
- Experience in procurement, experience with NGOs is a plus.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 56,364 ILS to 65,820 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 26/07/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.