Position: Logistics Assistant
Contract duration: 9 months Renewable (3 months probation)
Starting Date ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Logistics Assistant for its operations in Palestine.
- The Assistant is in charge of managing the base’s fleet of vehicles. This includes daily check up, allocate vehicles to teams on a daily basis, ensuring the proper usage of the fleet (log books, fuel consumption, distance run …), maintaining the vehicles and following up on rental contracts.
- The assistant must have a clear tracking system that enables him to locate all base staff and vehicles at any given time.
Warehouse, Inventory and stock
- Under the supervision of the Senior Logistics Officer, the assistant is responsible for the Hebron warehouse management.
- The assistant is responsible for all stock and assets of the Hebron Warehouse. He/she ensures the proper management and follow-up of stock and assets, including producing the relevant delivery bills / waybills, stock in and stock out forms, updating stock cards on a daily basis. The assistant produces monthly reports for stock and asset inventory (as per ACTED standard formats) and submits these to the Senior Logistics Officer for checking and consolidation, together with the relevant documentation (waybills etc.) on a monthly basis.
- Upon coordination with the capital, the assistant is responsible for the collection of quotations for all A, B, C scenarios procurement conducted for the base.
Staff Follow up
- Monitors the attendance and overtime of the base staff and submits the relevant tracking sheets to the Admin/HR Manager on weekly basis.
- Leave requests have to be approved by the Admin/HR Manager. The assistant facilitates the process by transferring request of the Hebron staff to the Admin/HR Manager. The Admin/HR Manager also maintains the leave follow-up for all staff.
- Complete staff personal folders are held and maintained by the Admin/HR Manager. However, the assistant should ensure that he/she has the necessary documents on Hebron office to perform his/her tasks.
- The assistant should make sure to collect all health insurance claims and send it directly to Admin/HR Manager to follow up with the insurance company. He/she should keep tracking until the payment is delivered to the staff.
- The Assistant is in-charge of all issues related to the premises (office, Guesthouse…). This includes the follow up of rental contract, repairs and maintenance, etc....
- Support staff in Hebron office such as cleaners report directly to the assistant. The assistant should handle the hiring of any required casual staff in case needed.
- Daily bases filing should be done by the assistant, and the original documents should be sent to the capital on weekly bases while keeping a copy in the base.
- Expenses Allocation: Daily expenses allocation on cash request and vouchers, with the support of the Finance Manager;
- Payment: Make payment for all items and services, which have been approved by the Finance Manager/Coordination;
- Salary Slips: ensure that the salary slips are signed.
- Data entry in accountancy sheet: Enter daily vouchers in accountancy sheet;
- Advance: Ensure, that all advance of the staff are closed;
- Accountancy: Send monthly closure of accountancy to Capital Finance Manager before the 4th of each month;
- Accounting documents: Checking, preparing and filing all vouchers, cashbook by the 5th of each month.
- Filling : Daily bases filing should be done by the assistant , and the original documents should be sent to the capital on weekly bases while keeping a copy in the base .
- Audit , on ad-hoc bases , the finance assistant will be helping in the audit preparation
Cash Checking and internal control
- At the end of each day: Accountancy should be reconciled with the cash book, the excel sheets and the amount in the safe; any discrepancy should be reported to the supervisor.
- At the end of each month: Accountancy should be reconciled with the cash book, the excel sheets and the amount in the safe. A formal Cash Checking Statement should be established and signed by the Coordination. Any discrepancy should be reported in the form.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting , finance or any related field.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a relevant field especially with INGOs/NGOs.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Good IT and Microsoft Office skills.
- Very Good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Valid driving license
المسمى الوظيفي Logistics Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - Dec - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني مبتدىء
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 1 Year
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than December 31st, 2020 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Logistics Assistant) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة ACTED NGO
Senior Logistics Officer
رام الله والبيرة
Project Technical Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
28, Dec, 2020
WASH Assistant - CDC
2, Nov, 2020
WASH Project Supervisor
2, Nov, 2020
رام الله والبيرة
22, Oct, 2020
رام الله والبيرة
17, Aug, 2020
Junior Project Officer
28, May, 2020