Generic Function: Specialiste / Officer
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Job Family: Officer
Reports to (Hierarchically): Gaza Head of Office
Reports to (Functionally): Logistic and Security Coordinator in Jordan /Palestine
Work in close collaboration with all Gaza staff.
Salary level: Grade 3 – Step 1
Working time in %: 100%
Supervises (Number of subordinates): Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
Work location: (Country + city): Gaza- Palestine
Job description valid from: January 2022
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the largest non-governmental organization for children’s aid in Switzerland. It undertakes to support the most vulnerable members of society through child protection and Justice for Children projects. Terre des hommes has been implementing projects in the Gaza Strip since 1984. Tdh has had uninterrupted operational presence since 2009 with major focus on child protection, juvenile justice, hygiene promotion and livelihoods.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- Supports Tdh Office in Gaza with the procurement transaction, transportation and store management of the supply chain process as guided by the relevant SOPs.
- Follow the instruction In term of documentation stated by Tdh guidelines.
- Comply with the correct implementation of Tdh procurement procedures and respect of donors’ requirements.
- Provide Logistics & Security Coordinator with the monthly follow-up of purchase request.
- Comply with national and international purchase following Tdh procurement procedures.
- Manage transportation of all supplies and equipment to and from site.
- Redefine the relations between Tdh and vehicle owners, suppliers through regular call for bids/quotations.
- Organize market assessments processes on a periodical basis together with the team, aimed at improving operations efficiency, cost effectiveness and high-quality service provision to beneficiaries.
- Establish and maintain a database with donor procurement standards or policies and ensure these are applied to the relevant project procurement.
- Ensure a Procurement Tracking System is in place, functional and accessible by the management and operations teams.
- Ensure purchasing logistics procedures are always followed by all Tdh staff (procurement plan, tracking purchase, etc.);
- Ensure that transportation and packaging of goods/merchandise is done accordingly.
- Schedule shipments and track them up to their destination.
- Logistical transaction
- Responsible of all logistics aspects of Gaza office relate to administrative, maintenance. etc.
- Work with Gaza Office team to ensure that the Terre des hommes logistics systems and procedures are followed;
- Ensure accurate follow-up and treatment of PRs (purchase requests);
- Ensure prompt ordering and delivery of goods;
- Supporting in bid analysis and to participate in drafting contracts & purchase orders with suppliers;
- Overseeing the logistical filing system to include all purchase files, equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and log documentation i.e. vehicle log sheets, waybills, maintenance reports, etc.
- Fleet Management
- Organize transportation according to the needs, including the driving of the Tdh vehicle.
- Follow-up the fuel consumption of the vehicles according to Tdh standards
- Ensure vehicle refueling and maintain enough emergency fuel stock for fleet vehicle.
- Fill up in a daily basis the logbooks.
- Reporting any fleet issues to the line manager
- Asset and Equipment Management
- Set up a proper transparent stock management system.
- Implement Tdh stock management procedures and respect of donors’ requirements.
- Follow Tdh procedures for asset management.
- Renew the policy of Tdh’s assets when needed.
- Ensure the management of the storage room which should be kept secured, in order and clean always;
- Monitor the stock list and implement the relevant tools (stock cards, bin cards etc.).
- Ensure all new staff are provided with laptops and other IT equipment and configurations to function effectively;
- Facility Management
- Support and report the payments costs related to the maintenance and use of office facilities.
- Collaborate with the line manager in term of raising issues as needed and working together to promote a strong team;
- Ensure clear positive communication with all members of the office and the delegation.
- Maintain an organized style of work, making suggestions to the line manager concerning improvements that could be made to the logistics systems that are the Assistant’s responsibility.
- Keep accurate and up to date information concerning reporting requirements for fleet management, Tdh equipment, facilities and ICT and make this available to other staff on request.
- Drive Tdh vehicle with Tdh staff, as needed.
- Reporting & Communication
- Produce and submit a monthly report and contribute to quarterly reports.
- Proper and regular documentation of all logistics activities in the Gaza Strip and monthly management of sources of verification.
- Report any incident related to logistics to the line manager.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
- Ensure all visitors are provided a security briefing and ensure their security and safety while in-country for official visit;
- Lead in the development of a contingency plan, by factoring all possible scenarios and how logistic & security will ensure the safety of national and expat staff in the field and enable the organization to continue operations in serving the most vulnerable people in compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Assist senior management in the design and the implementation of security measures appropriate to the context of intervention.
- Follow-up on the daily basis of the respect of the security measure and process (Cf. security plan) from the national and international staff.
- Maintain and improve of Tdh’s passive security infrastructure (bunkers, fences, alarms, etc.).
- Ensure the presence and correct update of emergency kits for all sites and cars (security chest, first aid, water, etc.).
- Ensure the respect of the communication procedures and that expatriate and inpatriate staff can be reached at all times.
- Manage the proper functioning of all the Tdh telecommunication equipment.
- Tdh Policies
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Respects Terre des hommes Security procedures in Palestine.
- Undertake up to 10% any other duties as required By the line manager.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) as well as Professional Competencies
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Shares knowledge Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
- Collects the necessary information regarding professional activities
Pays attention to the best practices and develops the professional practices related to the field of work or area of responsibility
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• University degree: Business Administration, or Logistics field;
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO;
• Fluency in English, Arabic. The working language in the office is English;
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to be flexible, cooperative and to work autonomously
• Proactive and able to take initiative
• Committed and self-motivated
• Able to manage stress and complexity
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Valid driving license with no restrictions, a must
Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
Deadline for applications is November 25, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Indicate Logistic Officer - Gaza Strip in the subject of the email
Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.