Aim of the position: Assure the respect of AVSI procedure and norms in performing all the activities falling under Logistic and procurement. Provide the due and prompt support necessary for program implementation and main office maintenance and functioning in AVSI Jerusalem. Coordinate the purchasing of goods and services needed for the implementation of office and project activities.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To develop and update the local operational manual of AVSI Jerusalem following AVSI procedures;
- To follow the Headquarters’ regulations concerning logistic & procurements and local AVSI operating Manual, and donors regulations depending on the project;
- To support the Country Representative in ensuring compliance with applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- To contact suppliers and prepare invitation-of-bid forms, sending them to supplier and check replies are corresponding to requests in specifications and requirements, prepare purchase orders, schedule or expedite deliveries in coordination with the Country Representative and Program Manager;
- To file (hard and soft copies) all documentation of the activities falling under logistics and Procurement office’s projects;
- To create and update a supplier’s catalogue with the necessary information and evaluation of professional experiences;
- To coordinate with the partners during the implementation of the activities and attend the meeting with all the stakeholders involved in the activities upon request;
- To provide the due and prompt support necessary for program implementation and office maintenance and functioning in AVSI office;
- To support the preparation of new projects budget with documented and updated information on goods and services availability and price lists;
- To translate documents from Arabic to English and vice versa upon request;
- To attend yearly meetings with ministries for registration renewal;
- To support the project manager to develop visibility instruments of AVSI and its project in Palestine;
- To organize and keep the car log updated;
- To drive staff to project locations when and if needed;
- To be available and follow the requests done by the Country Representative in order to well facilitate the work, when necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and experience:
Essential skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office pack;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal;
- Advanced knowledge of Hebrew, written;
- Communicating with impact and respect;
- Team work
- Driving license valid in Jerusalem
Previous experience working in an educational sector focused NGO.
What AVSI offers:
Duration of the contract: 1 year (with a 3-month probation period), renewable.
Tentative starting date: 01/04/2023
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below