Background Information: Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the largest non-governmental organization for children’s aid in Switzerland. It undertakes to support the most vulnerable members of society through child protection and Justice for Children projects. Terre des hommes has been implementing projects in the Gaza Strip since 1984. Tdh has had uninterrupted operational presence since 2009 with major focus on child protec-tion, juvenile justice, hygiene promotion and livelihoods.
- Supports Tdh Office in Gaza with the procurement transaction, transportation and store management of the supply chain process as guided by the relevant SOPs.
- Follow the instruction In term of documentation stated by Tdh guidelines.
- Responsible of all logistics aspects of Gaza office relate to administrative, maintenance. etc.
- Work with Gaza Office team to ensure that the Terre des hommes logistics systems and procedures are followed;
- Ensure accurate follow-up and treatment of PRs (purchase requests);
- Ensure prompt ordering and delivery of goods;
- Supporting in bid analysis and to participate in drafting contracts & purchase orders with suppliers;
- Overseeing the logistical filing system to include all purchase files, equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and log documentation i.e. vehicle log sheets, waybills, maintenance reports, etc.
- Organize transportation according to the needs, including the driving of the Tdh vehicle;
- Follow-up the fuel consumption of the vehicles according to Tdh standards
- Ensure vehicle refueling and maintain enough emergency fuel stock for fleet vehicle;
- Fill up in a daily basis the log books;
- Reporting any fleet issues to the line manager
Maintain up to date inventories, including user identification, tracking and stocking documentation
Support and report the payments costs related to the maintenance and use of office facilities.
- Collaborate with the line manager in term of raising issues as needed and working together to promote a strong team;
- Ensure clear positive communication with all members of the office and the delegation.
- Maintain an organized style of work, making suggestions to the line manager concerning improvements that could be made to the logistics systems that are the Assistant’s responsibility;
- Keep accurate and up to date information concerning reporting requirements for fleet management, Tdh equipment, facilities and ICT and make this available to other staff on request.
- Drive Tdh vehicle with Tdh staff, as needed.
Reporting & Communication
- Produce and submit a monthly report and contribute to quarterly reports.
- Proper and regular documentation of all logistics activities in the Gaza Strip and monthly management of sources of verification.
Report any incident related to logistics to the line manager.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
Undertake up to 10% any other duties as required By the line manager.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) as well as Professional Competencies
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals.
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way.
- Shares knowledge Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
- Collects the necessary information regarding professional activities
- Pays attention to the best practices and develops the professional practices related to the field of work or area of responsibility
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is March 12, 2020 at 04:00 pm.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.