Local Track Leader (JR-08-2022)
About Al Nayzak & Horizons:
AlNayzak Organization is a Palestinian non-profit, non- partisan, and unique organization that looks for young talents in science, technology, entrepreneurship, engineering, and math (STEEM), and plants an ambitious vision in the hearts of our community: “An Innovative Palestinian society, capable of producing original scientific knowledge, integrated with sustainable development”.
Horizons Academy is a Palestinian initiative supporting young gifted high school students by equipping them with the necessary knowledge and tools to succeed in obtaining a scholarship and competing for admission to top worldwide universities.
Responsible for assisting students with preparation of necessary college admissions requirements for the local universities (Hebrew University & Technion).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Respond to routine correspondences as required.
- Liaise with AlNayzak organization team.
- Coordinate between different parties.
- Research and deliver reports.
- Assist third (11th grade) and fourth (12th grade) year Horizon’s students with preparation of necessary college admission requirements.
- Assist students in finding their field of interest in terms of studies.
- Assist students in applying and finding scholarships, visa applications and housing.
- Ensure that students meet all university requirements.
- Meet with both students and parents to review academic needs for college admissions.
- Guide students through the entire college admissions process.
- Review students’ personal statements and portfolio as appropriate.
- Coordinate paperwork to help students meet college admissions requirements.
- Hold one-on-one meetings with students and parents to discuss students’ progress and future steps.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to students as required and based on each student's status.
- Responsible for coordinating with trainers technical and logistics operations that have to do with courses.
- Plan and conduct university visits.
- Responsible for maintaining and establishing relationships with other organizations that complement Alnayzak’s operations.
- Bachelor’s degree at either Hebrew university/ technion university.
- Has experience in working at a Local/ International NGO.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Hebrew both verbal and written.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent attention to details; strong organizational skills.
- Good personal, communication and team coordination skills.
- Excellent organization and time management.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Passionate about education.
Enjoys working with teenagers.
Professionals who possess the minimum requirements are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter to [email protected] before (1st of September 2022), indicating the vacancy number and position they wish to apply for. Short listed candidates will be contacted to take an exam and be part of an interview.