The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following post:
- Project Background:
The Union of the Charitable Societies – Jerusalem (UCS), in partnership with the Applied Research Institute of Jerusalem (ARIJ); CESVI Fondazione Onlus, the Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS), and the Hasso-Plattner-Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI) to implement a project in East Jerusalem (EJ) entitled “Towards Social Inclusion in Community Development by Providing Platforms for Planning and Advocacy”. The project aims at empowering the Palestinian communities and civil society in EJ to claim their rights and their political and developmental space. The project will be implemented over the next 3 years. The project officer will work under the direct guidance and supervision of the Programme Manger and the Director-General of UCS-Jerusalem
The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) is the first Palestinian national, non-profit, independent Union for the civil, charitable and development societies. It was founded in Jerusalem in 1958. It seeks to closely contribute to building an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to the principles of good governance and accountability in order to contribute to the national development and sustainable development.
- Specific duties and responsibilities
The Project coordinator will be responsible to ensure Operation and timely implementation of various planned project activities, and fulfill the necessary management requirements. Moreover, Local Technical Coordinator. Will be responsible for networking with local health/educational organizations, coordination with the partners on behalf of UCS, field logistics and technical activities. He will coordinate and supervise the work of the research team of UCS. She/he will also be responsible for organizing the Focus Group Meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries and overall coordination of activities;
- Project Management:
- Support UCS regular coordination with civil society organizations in Jerusalem for the smooth implementation of the project.
- Monitor the implementation of the project by reviewing reports and contracts and by carrying out field visits as appropriate.
- Ensure that implementing entities properly follow EU regulations and procedures for the implementation of the projects.
- Review and approve all technical aspects of supporting documentation before payment.
- Preparation follow up, monitoring, invoicing review and reporting of the relevant
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process including drafting Terms of reference, launching tenders and participating in the evaluation of the tenders and bids.
- Planning and Implementation:
- Draft coordinated plans with the teams of other partners to support the implementation of the project in a timely manner.
- Preparation of work plans and operation plans for various elements/ components of the project on monthly, half yearly basis and an annual.
- Monitor progress on regular basis and give suggestions to UCS on timely manner for corrective actions.
- Coordination with Partners:
- Assist the UCS in organizing project advisory committee meetings
- Establish Network and Linkages with the key actors in the field of education and health.
- Participate in the project meetings on monthly basis.
- Monitoring, Documentation and Reporting:
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly progress updates.
- Ensure that regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) as agreed with the partners are provided on timely manner in English languages.
- Help translating documents of urgency at the times of need both from English to Arabic and vice versa. .
- Promote and undertake the documentation of good practices and synthesis of lessons learned, and ensure that these are reflected in improved training and management tools.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer and Media coordinator in obtaining and documenting success stories, new articles, inputs to newsletters, websites etc.
- Compile, maintain, and document the projects/s related reports, daily work records, and other relevant documents.
- Maintain the project excellence and quality standards in a manner that is consistent with the organization’s guiding principles, mission, and vision.
- Organize all related logistical arrangements for the planned activities with partners.
- Offer financial monitoring to ensure the compliance with the approved financial procedures.
- Represent UCS in various interagency and stakeholders with knowledge and expertise of thematic areas of works.
- Represent UCS in workshops, seminars, meetings of adhoc and thematic nature.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the UCS that are within the incumbent’s expertise and experience.
- M.A degree from an accredited university in Development, Social Science, or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project management and budgets monitoring.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluently in English and Arabic (Spoken and written).
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the most effective use of staff, facilities, and resources to achieve successful project objectives.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to structure own work independently.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently, and cope with stress.
- Ability to solve problem.
- Skill in document composition.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy including use of word processing and basic programs such as excel, power point and web browsing.
- Must have a valid drive license with the possibility to drive in East Jerusalem.
- Prior experience in development or education or health projects in East Jerusalem.
How to apply:
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Technical Coordinator Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications will be Wednesday in the 16th of January 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.