Local Awareness Coordinator
Overseas is an Italian non-governmental humanitarian and development organization operating in the fields of WASH, agricultural development, solid waste management and environmental awareness in Palestine.
Context: Overseas, in cooperation with Cesvi, has received a grant from the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) to implement the 12-months project “Integrated approach for improved solid waste management system, environmental awareness and education, healthy nutrition for refugees in Nur Shams and Tulkarem camps”.
The project aims at improving sanitation and health conditions in Nur Shams and Tulkarem camps through the improvement of the solid waste management system, strengthening the waste collection system in the two target camps, and raising awareness on environment education and land protection.
Overseas is looking for a dedicated and experienced Local Awareness Coordinator (LAC) to coordinate technical, theoretical and practical aspects of field activities related to awareness campaigns, events and workshops on 3R approach (reduce-reuse-recycle), health and environmental education. The Local Awareness Coordinator will respond to the Overseas Awareness Expert (AE) and Cesvi Project Manager (PM). S/he will work in close collaboration with the Project Staff (both local and international).
The collaboration will start in October 2018.
Duty station: main office in Tulkarem.
Position status: full-time position
Job Purpose: The LAC will work under the supervision of AE and will be responsible for local networking, field logistics and technical activities of the Project, in close coordination with the staff. S/he will support the AE and coordinate and supervise all awareness contents and activities.
- Collect data relevant for the project, and analyze them in coordination with the AE, PM and technical consultants.
- Provide networking with all the relevant actors of Nur Shams and Tulkarem camps (e.g. Community Based Organizations, UNRWA field staff, schools, neighborhood committees, and other actors) and stakeholders involved.
- Support the AE for the development of specific contents, strategies and guidelines for awareness activities.
- Support the AE in the organization of trainings for target groups (trainers, teachers, students, CBOs, etc.).
- Support the AE for the administrative tasks, i.e. providing documents to procure material and equipment, to fulfil on-field analysis of assessment, to assess results and impact, for the identification of suppliers for consultancy, procurements, technical support and all the steps required by the procurement process.
- Coordinate all the technical aspects of field activities, from assessment to development of proposals and their implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits in order to accomplish with his/her tasks.
- Cooperate with all the relevant stakeholders, including UNRWA, local CBOs, schools staff and Cesvi staff.
- Translate and prepare timely reports and documents requested by the AE, the PM and fulfil forms, documents, etc. related to Overseas activities.
- Support the AE in the coordination with relevant local and international authorities and institutions.
- Degree related to environmental or social sciences, plus at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the local and/or international NGO sector.
- Multi-year working experience in the social sector is equally valuable.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Ability to adapt and work in contexts with high level of stress and tension
- Experience in working with local and community-based organizations.
- Previous experience in refugee camps and in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Great knowledge of target areas from social point of view.
- Excellent communication, coordination, information management and data collection skills.
- Very flexible and with a positive attitude. Good team player and proactive attitude in problem solving.
- Rigorous project planning, documentation and methodology processes skills, ability to organize the work according to donor’s procedures.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel as well technical packages for video and photo editing.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge and experience in working in Tulkarem/Nur Shams camps is a plus.
- Good knowledge of AICS technical and procurement procedures is a plus.
- Previous experience with youth groups is a plus.
Please send CVs and cover letter in English with contact info to [email protected]
Deadline for application: 15th October 2018
Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted