WW-GVC INGO is recruiting an Administrator for its Office in Gaza. The professional is expected to perform tasks relating to Finance and Accounting, supporting also the project staff in the different tender phases and finally he/she will be in charge of coordinating the logistic and hr by ensuring a good and efficient functioning of the WW-GVC Gaza Office.
The hired person will be working in Gaza under the direct supervision of the Gaza Area Manager and in coordination with the project staff, he/she will be remotely instructed and supervised by the Finance Manager in the Finance Department of Ramallah Office, as technical line manager.
WW-GVC offers a local contract for part time position, a probation period of 3 months is foreseen.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
Ensure regular day-to-day operations in the full spectrum of accounting services, and specifically:
- Prepare the Cash Books, recording day by day all the transactions, collecting and controlling all the related supporting documents;
- Perform double-entry accounting on WW-GVC accounting system (Give) and perform weekly reconciliations of the cashbook by reporting to the Admin. and Finance Department.
- Management of the field office cash under direct supervision of Area manager (outstanding cash requests, efficiently management of the cash following GVC procedure, recording day by day for cash NIS /USD);
- Contact the Admin. and Finance Department to update availability of funds (cash reconciliation) and prioritize payments with the projects teams accordingly;
- Follow up all the financial payments related both to the Gaza Strip office and the on-going projects expenses, Prepare and revise where necessary all the office-related contract, follow up of premises.
- Control that the documentation is complete according to WW-GVC internal procedures before performing the payments (Contracts, VAT exemptions, Invoices, payment authorizations, purchase orders and procurement procedures when applicable) and after the payment (receipts, copies of cheques etc);
- Assist the Finance/Admin Officer in the book-keeping and documents organization, following GVC financial procedures for all projects implemented in the area;
- Ensure that all projects documents are archived and tidy and set in a proper safe place, print the vouchers and organize the accounting project folders by budget line in chronological order;
- Prepare all needed documents, files or information as asked by the Admin and Finance Department for any audit related to any project at Gaza Office.
Ensure proper financial analysis and monitoring of the project implemented in Gaza and specifically:
- Sit with the project manager/ Area manager and projects team for weekly/bi weekly financial update and report to the administration department and provide monthly review of budget consumption of the activities within the assigned projects.
- Prepare, review the financial planning of the assigned projects, assure the consistency with the allocations of budgets and timely inform the Area Manager and the Finance/Admin Officer of any variation, and Provide monthly review of budget consumption of the activities within the assigned projects.
- Fill the “Contracts ,MOUs and any other types of contracts Table” to be update day by day in coordination with the project assigned team on weekly basis (support to update a Procurement plan).
- Ensure monitoring of contracts, payroll, tax, health insurance, work insurance, end of service, employee benefit and report to the Admin and Finance Department;
- Provide information to the staff regarding conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under both WW-GVC Rules and Regulations and PA Labor Law;
- Monitor staff compliance with WW-GVC rules and regulations and Palestinian Labor law, i.e. preparation of timesheets, annual leave, sick leave and any other relevant issue, and report to the Admin. and Finance Department.
TENDER PROCESSES AND PROCUREMENT PROCEDURE FOR PROJECTS
Manage and follow-up, under the supervision of the Area Manager and Admin and Finance Department, and in collaboration with the project team, the tender processes basing on the approved procurement plan and according to WW-GVC Procurement Procedures Manual, and more specifically:
- Filling the Procurement Table in collaboration with the Area manager and Project Manager;
- Prepare a list of all clean contractors/vendors/contractors /service providers in coordination with the projects teams and update it monthly basis and communicate with the area manager the ones should be on the black list based on bad performance, fraud issues or violating any condition or behavior;
- Assist the staff in the tender package preparation, including all annexes, and report to the Area Manager and Admin and Finance Department.
- Assist and follow-up the launch of a tender, by making sure WW-GVC Procedures are correctly applied and documents properly filled in and collected;
- Participate in the tender opening sessions, price analysis with the project team and filling the related documents, verify the contractor’s documentation and .
- Sending the vendor the awarding notices, the apology letters and any other needed information;
- Completing the process of preparing and finalizing all types of contracts/suppliers/vendors, individual MOUs with beneficiaries, under the supervision of the Area Manager and Admin and Finance department;
- Ensure the correct archives of all related to bids with all related documents;
- Responsible of cheque delivery for beneficiaries and vendors and planning with the projects teams regarding the payments due dates and prioritise based on the cash availability in coordination with the team.
- Be responsible for all GVC projects contracts archiving
Manage the logistics of the Gaza Office, under the supervision of the Area Manager and ensure that all the logistics needs are met, in particular:
- Purchase stationary, consumables goods and any other item needed for the good functioning of the office under the Area Manager supervision;
- Focal point to contact suppliers to any of GVC supplies demands, either purchasing, works, rental, supplies;
- Being responsible for the management, maintenance and inventory of GVC Gaza office (furniture and equipment – computers, telephone, internet service and cars)
- Ensure that stock reports and physical inventory are properly done, documented and matched by respecting WW-GVC stock and inventory rules and ensure an accurate update of the equipment follow-up tool.
- Supervise the contract(s) with the rental companies based on the WW-GVC guidelines under the Area Manager supervision and ensure that GVC policy applies in regards to the use of the rental car(s) for staff use.
- Timely report to Area manager and Admin. and Finance Department;
- Actively participate to staff meetings
- Be available for any other task directly request by the Area manager and Finance Manager
- Procurement Plan and Contingent Update
- Bi-weekly Cash book Update and reconciliatons ;
- Production of Payment Tables and biweekly update consistent with project Budget (in collaboration with Area Manager/Project Manager)
- Give Monthly Export Financial File
- Production of Inventory Plan, monthly update and annual report.
- Timely deliverables according to Individual Action Plan.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Finance and Administration;
- Computer skills, in particular excellent knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Fluency in written and spoken English – minimum B2 level.
REQUIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues;
- Problem-solving skills, proactive and solution oriented attitude;
- Accuracy, preciseness and attention to details;
- Excellent relational skills and ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers / leaders.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to develop and work within a team.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the NGO values and ethical standards.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Excellent communication skills and ability to properly represent GVC both at local and national levels.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with a cover letter, both in English to: [email protected] Please indicate the reference “Gaza-ad-19-01” in any correspondence.
Only the short listed candidates will be considered and informed of the recruitment process.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, GVC reserves the right to recruit a candidate before the below mentioned deadline.
Application deadline: 17.08.2019