VIS - Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Rome (Italy) working in development cooperation and international solidarity besides being an educational agency promoting awareness raising activities, education, development and global citizenship training. Established in 1986, we are inspired by the message of Don Giovanni Bosco and his preventive educational system, the key to human rights promotion and overcome injustice and inequality, still present today in Italy and in the world. “Together for a possible world” voices our goal to improve the living conditions of vulnerable children, boys and girls, young people and their communities, creating partnerships and networks in Italy, in Europe and in the rest of the world, as we are convinced the fight against the root causes of extreme poverty is through education and training.
VIS Palestine is seeking a candidate for the position of Local accountant, based in Bethlehem.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Administrator, the local accountant is responsible for the management, coordination and implementation of the organization’s administrative duties.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the Country Administrator on its administrative duty when requested.
- Process e and register administrative transactions
- Keep updated the petty cash book
- Organization of office management (offices, supplies, inventory).
- Handle procurement of office supplies and assist project teams in procurement of project goods and services.
- Manage travel arrangements and travel filing system for staff.
- Preparation of consultancy contracts, assuring filing and completeness of documentation, and complete follows up on payment requests.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree (BA) in business administration, accounting or any other related area.
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in relevant and related positions.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office functions and utilization.
- Organizational skills.
- Respect punctuality.
- Excellent at working as a part of the team, especially reporting to supervisor in a timely manner.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter (both in English), together with the contact details of at least three professional references to “[email protected]” indicating as subject “Local accountant – VIS”
All applications must be received no later than 23rd of December 2019
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.