Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries' number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Loan Officer
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Refer loan applications to review loan committee for approval.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Develop a plan for repayment from beneficiaries.
- Develop and maintain data base.
- Field visits to collect payment from beneficiaries
- Develop and maintain a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for repayment
- Follows-up on payments of performing portfolio to ensure adequate repayment rate
- Follows-up on payments of bad portfolio to reduce its volume
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned from the direct supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, accountancy or economics or equivalent.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to work within a team
- Effective interpersonal and marketing skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to cope with change and pressure
- Valid Israeli driving license.
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment.
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Please note that candidates with minimum 2 years of experience and meet the other above mentioned requirements will be short listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to[email protected] andCarbon Copy (CC)to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, April 30th , 2018, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.