The Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem (ARIJ) is a national Palestinian organization with a vision “Towards A Sustainable Palestine” is going to implement a project “Strengthening Resilience Amongst Vulnerable Bedouin and other Herding Communities” in partnership with the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) funded by BMZ. The project aims at improving the livelihood and natural resources security of 2,510 Palestinian livestock breeders and their families in the Bedouins and other herding communities in Area C of the West Bank, prioritizing Hebron and Bethlehem Governorates. The project objectives will be achieved through assisting the herders towards behavior change conceptual framework, applying improved livestock production practices, increasing their knowledge in better feeding practices, improving livestock shelter practices, and improving dairy production techniques. In addition to assist them in improving their land use planning and practices through practicing pilots for land use innovations and increasing their rainwater harvesting and storage practices for irrigation and watering livestock as well.
Job Description and Qualifications
ARIJ is seeking to hire a full time Livestock Production and Management Specialist (on project basis) for 41 months. In this position, the employed person will be responsible for implementing all project devoted activities that are going to help in increasing the productivity and profitability of the targeted herding families and communities in a sustainable and efficient ways. The employee field work will be mainly in Bethlehem and Hebron Governorates and the office work will be at ARIJ office in Bethlehem.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor or master degree in livestock production, related field or equivalent experience required with an accumulated experience of 3-5 years.
- Training experience is desired.
- Enjoy good experience in networking, partnership, lobbying and advocacy.
- Experience in working with local authorities, NGOs, donors, private sector, and other related stakeholders.
- Professional in time management and action plans development, tasks distribution and implementation.
- Commitment to the work policies and readiness to respond to the project urgent needs
- Very Good written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to work under pressure and beyond normal working hours whenever needed.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, necessary for success.
- Valid driving license is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
He/She will be responsible for all the activities related to livestock interventions in the targeted areas including management, breeding, feeds, feeding systems, shelter, and grazing systems. Also, he/she will train the project beneficiaries on shelter and feeding based on the developed training materials and the provided ToT trainings. Additionally, he/She will be responsible to coordinate with the Palestinian Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) representatives in the targeted governorates and communities. Also, He/She will work closely with the project team, beneficiaries and contracted consultants livestock feeding expert. He/she will provide the project coordinator with regular reports about activities undertaken and documenting all related information, as well as organizing and conducting trainings on livestock improvement for project beneficiaries.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV’s along with a Covering Letter, indicating the post title in the e-mail subject, by e-mail to [email protected] or by fax to 02-277.6966 no later than 29/9/2018. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Gender Equity will be taken into consideration during the selection process.