CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Livelihood Program Manager is under Programs Manager, s/he also works in close cooperation with all the team.
- Conduct needs assessment of the current situation in Gaza Strip related to livelihood aspects in order to draw future intervention;
- Participate in writing Livelihood projects high quality proposals;
- Participate in SIF livelihood program strategy development and provide strategic direction;
- Set up methodology of intervention adapted either to rural and urban development in Gaza context;
- Ensure gender equality mainstreaming with regards to the project beneficiaries through effective program strategies;
- Develop work plans and budget management according to livelihood and agriculture programs outputs and results;
- Monitor field activities and regular collection of data and set up corrective actions;
- Provide program reports that are accurate and timely and meet SIF and donor reporting requirements;
- Manage the projects team and ensure capacity building to project team and partners’ team;
- Coordinate SIF Livelihood and agriculture activities with Partners and following up and maintain effective and productive relationships with Livelihood Projects partners;
- Work closely with MEAL Manager to ensure successful progress of livelihood projects according to projects objectives;
- Set up methodology of intervention adapted either to rural and urban development;
- Cooperate and coordinate with the other SIF intervention sector: Childhood, WASH; Protection/shelter, and Seasonal Project; as well as with operation department;
- Represent SIF to donors, UN, international and national NGOs, and national authorities conducting Livelihood.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Agriculture, ruler development , environmental science or a related background degree required;
- At least 5 years extensive experiences livelihood interventions;
- Multidisciplinary approach: intervention capacity with the different strand of action (Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development);
- Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Management and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic & English, French is desirable;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment;
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently.
Taking initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 10 months (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Livelihood Program Manager : (Ref #: 2019/01/LPM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 19th February 2019 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer