Generic Function: Specialiste / Officer
JobTitle: Livelihood officer
Reports to (Hierarchically): Project Manager- DRA funded project
Strong functional link with: Head of Gaza Office (working relationships), collaborate with Palestine/ Jordan delegation
Working time in% : 100%
Supervises (Number of subordinates): Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
Work location (Country + city): Gaza
Job Duration: 5 months
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading worldwide reference on child protection, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. Tdh aims at contributing to developing and improving child protection systems, including within the humanitarian sector. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research, and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children. Responding to the last escalation in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, Tdh implements humanitarian response interventions including provision of food assistance through food e-voucher and multipurpose cash. Un-der its humanitarian response, Tdh is seeking a qualified Livelihood Officer, who will be responsible for the implementation of the food security and the multipurpose cash components of an emergency relief project, under the supervision of the Project Manager, and the technical support of the Emergency Coordinator and Gaza Head of Office
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Livelihood Project Activities: Food Voucher and Cash Support
Food e-voucher and the Multipurpose Cash Assistance
- Be responsible for the participatory identification of vulnerable families affected by May’s escalation, that will benefit from the food e-voucher and the multipurpose cash assistance.
- Be responsible for the overall design and implementation of the food e-voucher distribution activities including following up with the WFP.
- Conduct all required work to distribute the multipurpose cash assistance, including the coordination with MoSD.
- Will be responsible for monitoring the performance of supplies.
- Maintain files and archives of food e-voucher and the multipurpose cash assistance support documentation, including price monitoring and vendor support.
- Liaise with Finance and Logistics staff to ensure the timely processing of beneficiary’s payments benefiting the multipurpose cash assistance.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the project cycle.
- Report on the impact of the provided in reducing the food insecurity through using Household Food Insecurity Access Scale
- Assist in preparation of field visits as requested.
- Strictly respect the confidentiality of beneficiaries and their related data.
Coordination with actors and stakeholders
- Coordinate Tdh Livelihood component with food security main actors, including MoSD, Food Security Sector, and Cash Working Group.
- Establish administrative processes for the Food Voucher
- Regularly attend of Cash Working Group and Food Security Sector meetings, as deemed necessary
- Network with actors and entities working in the Gaza Strip in Food Security related areas in the interest of information sharing and mainstreaming best practices.
- Coordinate Tdh actions with the different networks to which it belongs in the Gaza Strip, identify and propose other relevant networks where appropriate.
- Attend appropriate external meetings held in the Gaza Strip at sector level, in order to ensure that Tdh’s aims and activities are shared with partners.
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job.
Reporting & Communication
- Produce and submit a monthly report and contribute to quarterly reports.
- Produce case studies and success stories of children and families benefited from the livelihood Project Activities
- In collaboration with the Tdh staff, provide regular internal and external communication products focusing on the impact of food security activities in reducing the food insecurity for websites, Twitter and Facebook MENA webpages, etc.
- Proper and regular documentation of all project activities in the Gaza Strip and monthly management of sources of verification.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) as well as Professional Competencies
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Shares knowledge Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
- Collects the necessary information regarding professional activities
Pays attention to the best practices and develops the professional practices related to the field of work or area of responsibility
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in economics, business, food security, nutrition or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with an NGO including at least 1 year in cash or markets-based programming.
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in set up, design, implementation and monitoring of markets-based programming.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with children who have protection concerns
- Experience in or commitment to, working with individuals and families from different backgrounds and/or diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge and interest of gender issues and ability to mainstream gender considerations into programming.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency of English is a must.
- Valid driving license.
المسمى الوظيفي Livelihood Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 24 - Jul - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
Deadline for applications is July 24, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Terre des hommes - Switzerland
Emergency Project officer
Emergency Project Officer
Partnerships and grants monitoring officer
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer
22, Dec, 2020
Access to Justice Project Specialist
16, Jun, 2020
Head of Jerusalem West Bank Office
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
6, May, 2020
2, Mar, 2020