ملاحظة:للتقدم لهذه الوظيفة يجب زيارة موقع المؤسسة وتعبئة النموذج الخاص وذلك حسب رغبة المعلنJob ID/Title :160 - Liaison Officer
Languages Required :Arabic, English,
Expected Duration of Assignment :One year renewable
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the DSR(O), the Liaison Officer will be based in the UNDP/PAPP Ramallah Offices and will assist with the coordination and provision of services across a range of UNDP/PAPP Operation areas, including but not limited to general administration, transportation, registry, reception, travel, common services, human resources, procurement and finance. The Liaison Officer
will work closely with the General Services Officer and Heads of Units to ensure the professional quality of UNDP/PAPP service delivery, and operational harmony between the Jerusalem and Ramallah offices. The Liaison Officer works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in UNDP/PAPP and other UN agencies staff in a client-oriented, results-driven approach.
Description of Responsibilities:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results in general and specifically at the Ramallah Offices:
· Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
· Support to the CO administrative business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Assistance to and support of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
· Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
2. Ensures effective and efficient provision of general services, focusing on achievement of the following results in general and specifically at the Ramallah Offices:
· Coordination and supervision of support staff engaged in the fields of registry, general services, telephone operator/receptionist, etc.
· Coordination and supervision of shipments and customs clearance, travel, events management, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, space management, procurement of supplies.
· Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources for general services
· Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters.
· Submission of information on general services provided for cost-recovery bills
· Coordination and support to the Office of Human Resources and related activities.
3. Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result in general and specifically at the Ramallah Offices:
· Coordination of assets management in the CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items.
· Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
4. Ensures effective administrative and financial control in the office for general services, focusing on achievement of the following results in general and specifically at the Ramallah Offices:
· Implementation of the control mechanism for general services, maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
· Review, research, verification and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
· Review of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
· Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
· Review of travel authorizations, documentation, payments
· Assistance in the preparation of budget, audit and other reports.
· Provision of researched information, reports for audit exercises.
5. Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following results in general and specifically at the Ramallah Offices:
· Maintenance of common services to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform.
· Proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of Agencies contributions to the common services account.
· Proper tracking of common services provided to Agencies to ensure timely and accurate cost recovery.
6. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results in general and specifically at the Ramallah Offices:
- Organization of training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Briefing to staff members on general services matters; provision of advice and administrative support.
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
· Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Fosters collaboration and teamwork with and between the various units, teams and staff of UNDP/PAPP Operations and Programme, and with other UN Agencies in a client-oriented approach.
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Shares knowledge and experience
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to perform a vide range of varied, inter-related complex administrative services
· Ability to extract, interpret and analyze data and resolve operational problems
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Ability to supervise and train support staff
· Ability to plan and organize work
· Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
· Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas
· Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems
Leadership and Self-Management
· Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field. Advanced university degree is an asset.
- Three years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, and the in handling of web-based management systems.
- Prior experience and/or familiarity with UN or UNDP rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of UNDP/PAPP mission and objectives would be an advantage.
Fluency in spoken Arabic and English.
- Strong English language skill in business correspondence
“UNDP/PAPP is an equal opportunity employer: applications from men and women will be considered equally”
المسمى الوظيفي Liaison Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 24 - Apr - 2009
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة No Experience
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Jobs.ps